• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist, One Piece Voice Actor Ed Blaylock Passes Away

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:23 am Reply with quote
My heart goes out to Mr. Edward Blaylock and his family. He will be sorely missed.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:38 am Reply with quote
One final salute to Fuhrer King Bradley. Sad

RIP.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:35 pm Reply with quote
My condolences to the family and friends of Ed Blaylock.
Gemnist wrote:
My closest friend took his life the other day, and my grandfather died of heart failure a couple of weeks ago. It's been a bad week for me, and I can imagine the same for the Blaylock family. My condolences to them.
Please accept my condolences for your losses. With suicide, it's difficult to say who has it worse -- the suicide victim, or the suicide victim's survivors. I remember when my grandparents died -- I was devastated. Here are some links that that you may -- or may not -- find useful.
https://www.mastersincounseling.org/loss-grief-bereavement.html

https://www.griefshare.org/
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:39 pm Reply with quote
His work on FMA was amazing and he's one of the best VAs I've had the pleasure of hearing for so many years. I am so hurt right now and sad he died so young.

Gemnist wrote:
My closest friend took his life the other day, and my grandfather died of heart failure a couple of weeks ago. It's been a bad week for me, and I can imagine the same for the Blaylock family. My condolences to them.

I'm really sorry for what's going on in your life right now. Whether you believe or not I will pray for your peace of mind tonight.

[EDIT: Please use the Edit button instead of double-posting. Thanks. -TK]
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Koda89 wrote:
Damn, RIP. Crying or Very sad

His performance as Bradley in both the FMA dubs were phenomenal. He was truly great at what he did.

Well said, this was what I was going to write as well. Goddamn this sucks, my thoughts go out to his family and I loved hearing him pop up in various shows.

As others have already said, man, his Bradley was perfection. No one else could have matched it Sad
Bullza

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:36 pm Reply with quote
It wasn't long ago the voice of Blackbeard dies too.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Very unfortunate that he had to go out like that. I enjoyed his Bradley voice in FMA and FMA (2009). I hope his family and friends can get through this.

RIP
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:56 pm Reply with quote
RIP. He was a damn good VA, amazing even. And condolences to his family. I've also lost family to cancer so I know what they're going through.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the support, guys. I'm going to get through it, don't worry.
DarkFusion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:47 pm Reply with quote
RIP, Mr. Blaylock, you truly were great as Bradley in FMA and I was really looking forward to hearing your take on Sengoku's scenes (especially the one between Sengoku and spoiler[Law]) when the dub got to Dressrosa. Condolences also to his family too.

Edit: Fixed spoiler tag
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Koda89 wrote:
Damn, RIP. Crying or Very sad

His performance as Bradley in both the FMA dubs were phenomenal. He was truly great at what he did.

looks like the grim reaper is in massive overdrive when it comes to VAs. first it was Blackbeard's VA , now its king bradley's VA? and of all things, why the hell did it have to be cancer??? definitely brings back bad memories when my dad passed away from cancer too. though what type was did the VA succumb too? lung cancer or the "other" type????
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:56 am Reply with quote
RIP. The fact that he lost a fight to cancer is tragically ironic as he felt its wrath.
WhiteOrochi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Well this was an unwelcome swerve... I had no clue he had cancer. He had such charisma with King Bradley in both FMA animes, so much so that you genuinely felt shocking whenever he changed his persona. Haven't heard too much of his Sengoku but I was pleased with what I did hear. His bit parts in Fairy Tail and Yu Yu Hakusho were memorable too. What a loss... RIP
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Damn, sucks that we're entering a time where VA from shows that I still consider "recent" start passing away. His performance as Bradley was up there for anime dubs. rip
TheFullmetalOne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:46 pm Reply with quote
My deepest condolences to his friends and family. As someone who's enduring my own battle with cancer, I can understand how hard it was on him to fight. R.I.P to my fellow brother-in-arms. Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4