• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Anime Within Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The otaku of Genshiken's anime club are always tuning into Kujibiki Unbalance, a romantic comedy about a competition to join the high school student council.

Ahem. Just some small nitpick.

It's not the otaku of Genshiken's anime club, but the otaku of Genshiken's study of modern visual culture club. As you may know, the anime club and the manga club are separate groups entirely in the story.
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm slightly disappointed that the Shirobako example was Exodus and not Third Aerial Girls Squad. Still, I would like to see a full series of either one (or both!) of them.
Kyjin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:27 pm Reply with quote
I had no idea Fuyu no Semi was a spinoff of another yaoi. I watched Fuyu no Semi years ago and loved it; may have to hunt down the original anime and manga now...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Emma Iveli wrote:
Wait has that thing involving Soul Taker and Nurse Witch Komugi been confirmed? I thought it was the American VAs coming up with the theory during a commentary...

i also saw that in the extras for the pioneer/geneon classics collection as well. i was wondering about that myself if that was confirmed or not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
navycherub

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:10 am Reply with quote
This poll was painful for me. You can't ask me to choose between my favorite voice actor's roles! It's like picking my favorite children. (Okay, not quite that serious.)
CR85747

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:33 am Reply with quote
The Sailor V movie from that one episode of Sailor Moon.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:50 am Reply with quote
They should do a poll of favorite Kana Hanazawa role shared by Monica Rial: "Aesthetica", "Blassreiter", "Cat Planet Cuties", "Deadman Wonderland", "From the New World", "Leviathan: The Last Defense", "My Neighbor Seki", and "Tokyo Ghoul".
Jadeliger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Puni Puni Poemy should have been on the list. It originally debuted in Excel Saga in the animation parody episode and was then made into an OVA. They also took everything about Excel Saga and turned it up to 11.
Aquamine-Amarine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Kouji's one of my favorite characters from Digimon, but since I saw the dubbed version I don't know how Hiroshi Kamiya sounds as him. So I had to go with Izaya. The man sure knows how to voice a twisted person. And I just love the laugh he does as Izaya.
Ouran High School Dropout

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Jadeliger wrote:
Puni Puni Poemy should have been on the list. It originally debuted in Excel Saga in the animation parody episode and was then made into an OVA. They also took everything about Excel Saga and turned it up to 11.

And, if I remember, there's a math problem on the chalkboard in Poemi's class involving the number of cels used in Excel Saga's production.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:16 pm Reply with quote
I thought Third Aerial Girls' Squad was a much better OVA than Exodus and deserving of a full series. Shirobako also refers often to Aoi's favorite show growing up, "Andes Chucky," a tribute to the series "Rocky Chuck." The ED for Andes Chucky is very poignant.

Andes Chucky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_jhRb_9yPA
Rocky Chuck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr5Lu3eQGMc

I'm impressed that "Musashino Animation" had full 16:9 equipment back in the day! P.A. Works could have produced that ED in 4:3 to preserve the illusion, but then they wouldn't have had as much screen real estate to include the credits and their beautiful scenery.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2