• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Voice Actors Give Well Wishes to Yoshimasa Hosoya

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Mikado Ryūgamine in Durarara!!, Yūri Katsuki in Yuri!!! on Ice) tweeted, "I'm waiting for you to regain your strength so we can hang out together again ( ̄▽ ̄)."

. . . . . . . . crying, they're my two favorites. (also besides being in YOI together, they were Takeru and Loki in Kamigami no Asobi)
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:32 pm Reply with quote
How nice of them to wish Hosoya well. I hope he comes back when he's 110%.

Quote:
Kensho Ono (Shikadai Nara in Boruto: Naruto Next Generations, Tetsuya Kuroko in Kuroko's Basketball) wrote, "I look forward to the return of a Hosoya who has rested and become 'the strongest.'"

I guess you weren't aware that OnoK (Yuuya Sakaki) and Hosoya (Reiji Akaba) were rival characters in Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V since you didn't list such an obvious thing that should be listed.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:59 pm Reply with quote
That sounds serious.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:44 am Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
That sounds serious.

. . . . . it does.

I'm trying to focus on the "he'll be back within the year" part (and the fact that several shows that aren't over haven't said they're replacing him).

And just... hope that by "hang out together again", he meant "work together again". The statements didn't say he was hospitalized or anything like that, though.

Just... he is that much better than every other voice actor. I really hope he gets better because... this sounds extreme, but it feels like there's no point to anime without him.

Edit:, Okay, the tweets from the radio show sound a lot more relaxed. Maybe someone should translate those and put them up here.
[url]
https://twitter.com/tengun_memo[/url]
kufirst

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:27 am Reply with quote
Has been one of my very favorites for a while now, especially with his roles in Chihayafuru, Katanagatari and Kuroko. Please get well soon Hosoya-san!
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:06 am Reply with quote
This news is really breaking my heart. I'll be praying for you Hosoyan!
Maria Cadenzavna Eve

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:17 am Reply with quote
I love him as Yamato in Digimon. Recently got into his singing, too! His character song/one of the endings for Digimon is just sooooo good. Wishing him a quick recovery.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1