• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Aoi Yūki Takes Hiatus From Solo Music Career, Closes Fan Club

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:06 am Reply with quote
I believe the 1st role I heard her in was "Akikan" as the annoying Budoko.
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:28 am Reply with quote
Brains-Base made the awful Akikan after Kurenai. When I saw it I thought B-B was trying to earn some money on a fanservice show to help finance its more serious endeavors like Baccano! and Kurenai. If that was their intent, it failed miserably. The first volume sold fewer than 700 copies, and it went downhill from there.

If you've never watched Kurenai, I really encourage you do to so. Aoi excelled as the young Murasaki and was mentored in the role by Sawashiro Miyuki who played the other main character, the sixteen-year-old boy Kurenai Shinkarou. I thought it was a stunning debut by a girl of fifteen, though Aoi had experience in live-action television as early as about ten, I believe. I don't know whether they were giving out awards for best newcomer back in 2008, but in my mind she would have demolished the competition.

The voice acting in Kurenai is uniformly excellent, encouraged by Kou Matsuo's method of recording the voices first. This more expensive approach let the cast interact in a much more spontaneous way rather than having them fit their performances to the mouth-flaps. There's a remarkable three-way conversation in episode three that includes the two leads and Shintani Ryouko where they talk over each other, something rarely heard in anime.

Kurenai was licensed by Sentai and did stream on theanimenetwork for a while, but it's gone now. It's still available on disc.
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:17 pm Reply with quote
CANimeFan88 wrote:
Will she at least be back to voice her character in the upcoming 2nd season of "New Game"?

If not, then who might replace her?

Can't wait 'til it comes out.

My mistake. Aoi Yuki is NOT in New Game. I don't know what made me think that she was. Maybe because the main character's name is Aoba Suzukaze and I somehow got them confused. Nonetheless, maybe Aoi Yuki could play a character in the second season of New Game since she's such a popular voice actress and New Game is such a fun anime to watch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2