• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sunrise to Launch Animator Training Program in April 2018

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:51 pm Reply with quote
nice, you get to train on sunrise, you get 900$ monthly, you get polished to be an elite animator to the sunrise standards, and you get a chance to be hired by them. Not bad. Probably sunrise is making a comeback.
#Hgeronimo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:13 pm Reply with quote
#alfrescoCR wrote:
nice, you get to train on sunrise, you get 900$ monthly, you get polished to be an elite animator to the sunrise standards, and you get a chance to be hired by them. Not bad. Probably sunrise is making a comeback.

Excuse me, but what do you mean by Sunrise is making a comeback?! from what exactly?

I thought sunrise was already popular and big. Confused
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:31 am Reply with quote
#alfrescoCR wrote:
Probably sunrise is making a comeback.

What does a comeback from "has at least three Gundam projects in production at any given point" look like, exactly? Laughing
Ulinox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:10 am Reply with quote
Oh, Sunrise is still up and running? I thought they would be bankrupt for sure by now. Nice to see old-school studios like this make a comeback, indeed.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:48 am Reply with quote
Ulinox wrote:
Oh, Sunrise is still up and running? I thought they would be bankrupt for sure by now. Nice to see old-school studios like this make a comeback, indeed.

They are behind such titles like LoveLive! and Accel World and have a slew of other high-profile titles up to this very year, as mentioned above Gundams included, as well as being a fully owned subsidiary of Namco Bandai. Chances are the rest of the industry goes belly-up before they do...
danpmss

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:58 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Ulinox wrote:

They are behind such titles like LoveLive! and Accel World and have a slew of other high-profile titles up to this very year, as mentioned above Gundams included, as well as being a fully owned subsidiary of Namco Bandai. Chances are the rest of the industry goes belly-up before they do...

This.

With Love Live alone they are having in their hands one of the biggest best selling anime ever (special tickets or not, it sold like water).

Sunrise is bigger than they ever were before with the exception of their Gundam Seed era.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:35 am Reply with quote
Maybe that individual means 'comeback' in the creative sense?
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:41 pm Reply with quote
#Hgeronimo wrote:
#alfrescoCR wrote:

Excuse me, but what do you mean by Sunrise is making a comeback?! from what exactly?

If you will allow me to play Devil's Advocate, Sunrise has not made anything good in years, but with this they may finally make a comeback.

That could be what they mean.
danpmss

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:54 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
#Hgeronimo wrote:
#alfrescoCR wrote:

If you will allow me to play Devil's Advocate, Sunrise has not made anything good in years, but with this they may finally make a comeback.

It's quite ironic coming from you, since you have one of their biggest titles in your profile picture.

But again, you are talking about the guy and not about yourself, I think (?).
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:32 am Reply with quote
danpmss wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
#Hgeronimo wrote:

It's quite ironic coming from you, since you have one of their biggest titles in your profile picture.

Devil's Advocate means taking up a view contrary to your own, so yes.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:28 am Reply with quote
It's important to remember that despite animators often getting crappy pay and having horrid work conditions, that's the price they pay for choosing this line of work. If some of them can eventually move up to director and help make original anime, that's even better.
PFdaCIA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Sunrise is doing the bare minimum by the industry, as indeed most of the big studios do, like Madhouse itself. We all know that these studios, when they have a lot of work and tight schedules, throw their projects to studios from outside the country, especially the South Korean studios. Of course the studio will not go down by making use of the foreign market of animators exactly to finalize their works in tight deadlines. Even so, this action is important because they can form animators; Although the pay is not cheery! The Japanese industry, both in selling issues for sequences of franchise productions, as well as the profitability of industry workers need to change. It is already becoming monotonous to always talk about these problems.
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:57 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
danpmss wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
#Hgeronimo wrote:

Devil's Advocate means taking up a view contrary to your own, so yes.

They kinda slowed down on the start of the decade(compare to the number of works and hits they did from the previous decade alone (code geass, mai-hime, and seed destiny?)), although there's an exception and that was tiger and bunny which is a some kind of craze/fad/phenomenon on japan but it was really cold for the foreign anime fans tho. All they did was make gundam OVAs and some half ass valvrave (which is kinda a let down) and even their veterans staffers leaved and became some freelance for other studios like bones, prod. I.G and sate light and even mappa. So, yeah, im hoping that this would be a comeback for them in terms of creativity and quality(i love love live btw).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1