• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Yutapon Cubes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Here I'd been hoping they would come back to Anonymous Noise and Kabukibu, and they did both this week. I don't know that I would call either good, but I've still been interested enough. Though learning about kabuki is probably my primary reason for watching Kabukibu

Unlike Nick I will say "Please say Frame Arms Girl".
lostbirdinatree

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:38 pm Reply with quote
I only follow BnHA out of the headliners and Grimoire out of the bonus ones so the banter this week was good (I'm not caught up with SukaSuka just yet but I've been coming to these articles week after week - going through these is a tonne of spoiler dodging), but bringing up the magical boys made this one worth it. Speaking of Grimoire banter, I thought I was dreaming when I saw "arrow to the knee" show up and I had to pull up its Know Your Meme page to tell myself my eyes didn't deceive me.

I wanted to see Kabukibu at the start of the season for 2 reasons: 1) Rakugo Shinjuu 2) one of Boueibu (Cute High)'s voice actors, Yuichiro Umehara, voices Tonbo (Kazutomi Yamamoto does a side character but Tonbo is one of the main cast). However, there are no streaming rights for Kabukibu where I am. *rolls eyes*
Kiddo626

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Although I wouldn't blame anyone for dropping Kabukibu solely because of its ass production values, I honestly believe this show's very underrated. There's a sense of sincere love and passion for kabuki that really shines through, and every character is endearing (though I would very much like Ebihara to drop the brooding shtick already; that got old after Episode 3). I wouldn't mind a Season 2 of this, TBH. Not that it'll happen, but a girl can dream. Razz

And believe it or not, I'm actually enjoying Anonymous Noise. Yeah, the melodrama levels are constantly cranked up to 11, but I still like it for some reason. AFAIK, the manga's still ongoing, so it's probably not going to have a resolution, but just this once, I wouldn't mind an anime-original ending, just to see who Nino will end up with. Seriously, this is like anime junk food, and it's probably unhealthy. Embarassed
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:16 am Reply with quote
Kiddo626 wrote:
, I wouldn't mind an anime-original ending, just to see who Nino will end up with. Seriously, this is like anime junk food, and it's probably unhealthy. Embarassed

My dream ending for AnonyNoise is for Nino, Miou, and the guys just get sick of all this damn love triangle stuff and start their own band while Yuzu and Momo strangle eachother to death.

I'm a romantic at heart.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1