• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: The Royal Tutor's Original Anime Ending Made Manga Creator Cry

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueRex666

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:52 am Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
Well, from a standpoint. You are correct. Who are the masses to feel offended for the author? However, that is not necessarily the point. We do understand they're getting a lot of payment from these anime makers. But I'm not one to buy they're 100% okay with their material to get altered just because somebody paid them heavy bucks.

They worked hard for it, lost sleep, stressed out and everything. If having your material animated would mean you will lose the right to dictate how will the story goes from then, then that's utter BS. It's like having raised an adopted child so preciously, then all of a sudden, real parents retook the child and you have no say because they paid you consolation money.

All I'm saying is, whether this author actually said he/she is okay with his/her work altered in the finale, I don't believe he/she is 100% okay with it. I know somehow in their inner selves, they are frustrated because these anime makers aren't respecting their hard work the way it should be respected.

I can understand that, but at the same time I figure it comes with the territory. For at least the last decade most anime adaptations of manga and light novels tend to be Japan's version the USA's 80's cartoons. They tend to be more about advertising something else (toys for 80's cartoon and manga for anime.) Get get the feeling manga writers, especially those with ongoing projects, know if their manga is getting an anime it'll either stop at an arc or will end with a anime ending.

Maybe they seen it like a fan work. There are plenty of creator that loving seeing variations of their work made by fans. Again I can't speak for the writers, it's just my perspective.
kgw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I will just say that a manga is "butchered" from the very moment it is adapted into anime, their characters move, have voices, etc.

But when the author was drawing, probably his editor told him to do this or that, thus "butchering" the manga again. And what about doujinshi? More butchering. The only place where the story won't be altered it's in the mind of its author.

So, relax.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:01 pm Reply with quote
kgw wrote:
And what about doujinshi? More butchering. The only place where the story won't be altered it's in the mind of its author.

Unless the manga is Bleach, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Reborn, or something else Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2