• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale Director Teases Blu-ray May Show Asuna's Nipples

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:45 pm Reply with quote
And a lot of cleaning up was just done. This is obviously not a thread topic that will garner tons of in depth discussion but lots of posts were simply too utterly pointless or baitish.
kamen_otaku81

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Asuna? Meh. If it was, Suguha or Lisbeth, THAN we'll talk.

And I swear to the anime Gods that I'm trying not to be a dirty old man.

.....Okay. Maybe a little. Please don't judge me.
Nagsura

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:00 am Reply with quote
kamen_otaku81 wrote:
Asuna? Meh. If it was, Suguha or Lisbeth, THAN we'll talk.

And I swear to the anime Gods that I'm trying not to be a dirty old man.

.....Okay. Maybe a little. Please don't judge me.

Don't think anyone would judge you when you're in an anime-related site full of even weirder people.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:48 am Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
There are literally hundreds of Asuna doujins floating around out there so the promise of nips really isn't as appealing as they think it is...
Yes, but those are not canon.
I love this concept, canon nipples are better than doujin nipples!
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:14 am Reply with quote
... Wait, why was this article moved to the side bar?
Nodz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Because it's so much important that it was judged necessary to bring it back one week later.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:14 pm Reply with quote
AmpedForAnime wrote:
I love the wording of that title. It's like, "Ooh, we'll even throw in a pair of nips."

Not we will. We may. We don't even know if they'll actually do it.

Megiddo wrote:
zrnzle500 wrote:

They probably have the doujinshi. Unrelated question, is doujinshi plural or singular

Is anime single or plural? Is manga singular or plural? The answer to these (as well as doujinshi) is that it is both singular and plural. The practice of adding an 's' to make something plural doesn't hold for Japanese words.

It all depends on how it's most commonly used. Most everyone will say "honcho" as a singular form and "honchos" as plural, and same with "ninja" and "ninjas." Most Japanese loanwords ARE collective nouns though.

Lactobacillus yogurti wrote:
You know fans become ridiculous when the subject of nipples divides them.

The subject of nipples divides any group. Remember Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction?

Vaisaga wrote:

I don't know, but that's what brought me here. "Why is this here?"
slau783

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

Because it's so much important that it was judged necessary to bring it back one week later.

At first I thought they added new information but upon review of the article it does not seem like they added anything. At the very least there shows no edit history for the article.

This is the type of article that draws attention and gets lots of views and posts. So even though I am pretty sure Nodz is being sarcastic, that might very well be the reason. Important because it generates clicks. For all we know this is part of a covert ad campaign by the publisher to get people interested in buying the BD.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:22 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

The subject of nipples divides any group. Remember Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction?

Now that was marketing pure and simple. I don't care what bs line they use to excuse or explain it. Janet was becoming old news and her upcoming album was not pre-ordering well at that point. Her janet. album was her high point and while Velvet Rope & All For You did well they did show a significant decrease in sales from each album to the next. Her upcoming Damita Jo album was looking to drop even more. Then she whips out a nip and suddenly she's back in the media and attention is on her. I was working at Sam Goody at the time and pre-orders for her Damita Jo album sky rocketed after that. The album still had a sizeable drop in sales compared to her last album All For You but it still sold in the millions. Her 3 albums after Damito Jo however nosedived in sales. That was her last hoorah. Besides fighting with MJ's kids for his money after his death.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Some glitch I assume. The sidebar post date is Jul 20, 11:24, however the article itself has the date July 13 15:45. It doesn't have any mention of being updated either.

Well, nothing's stopping them reposting to fill the sidebar, however not too sure an interest article on a fanservice issue is the best possible choice?...
Nodz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

Some glitch I assume. The sidebar post date is Jul 20, 11:24, however the article itself has the date July 13 15:45. It doesn't have any mention of being updated either.

Well, nothing's stopping them reposting to fill the sidebar, however not too sure an interest article on a fanservice issue is the best possible choice?...

This articles had 3 pages of comments, so a lot of people were interested in it.
Melicans

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Actar wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
There are literally hundreds of Asuna doujins floating around out there so the promise of nips really isn't as appealing as they think it is...
Yes, but those are not canon.
I love this concept, canon nipples are better than doujin nipples!

The nipple colours differ from one to the other! Razz
Yazu13

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I only ever got around to watching the first series of SAO (SAO proper and the fairy stuff), and I enjoyed it. It didn't really sexualize characters that much either, though I gotta wonder if it's worth continuing if it's gonna start pandering to the ecchi crowd. I didn't watch it for fanservice, because fanservice had no place in it, but it's the new trending blight in anime, just like moe after Haruhi was so popular.

It feels disrespectful that they're even talking about showing a character's nipples as a major selling point for a BD. Why not hype up the story or upgraded visuals? Imagine if they came out with BDs for shows like Fate/Zero or Attack on Titan and said "Hey anime fans! We've got a treat for those of you who really enjoyed these series'! We're going to show the female lead's nipples in the BD release even though these were previously serious shows that didn't need nudity to tell a good story!"
Random Name

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Yazu13 wrote:
I only ever got around to watching the first series of SAO (SAO proper and the fairy stuff), and I enjoyed it. It didn't really sexualize characters that much either, though I gotta wonder if it's worth continuing if it's gonna start pandering to the ecchi crowd. I didn't watch it for fanservice, because fanservice had no place in it, but it's the new trending blight in anime, just like moe after Haruhi was so popular.

It feels disrespectful that they're even talking about showing a character's nipples as a major selling point for a BD. Why not hype up the story or upgraded visuals? Imagine if they came out with BDs for shows like Fate/Zero or Attack on Titan and said "Hey anime fans! We've got a treat for those of you who really enjoyed these series'! We're going to show the female lead's nipples in the BD release even though these were previously serious shows that didn't need nudity to tell a good story!"
But Fate was originally an Eroge game.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
Yazu13 wrote:

But Fate was originally an Eroge game.

1- Fate/Zero wasn't an adaptation of a game. Neutral

2- Nasu never wanted it to be an Eroge but had to put h-scenes cause they sell well. Aside from F/SN and perhaps Ataraxia, you won't find a Type-Moon work with nudity/sex (Aside from Prisma Iliya, but that's another thing altogether. <.<)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5