• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Linkin Park Singer Chester Bennington Passes Away at 41

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:41 pm Reply with quote
man, this news has me bummed. I wasn't a huge fan, but some of their music helped me through some hard times and for a while there A Place for my Head and Don't Stay were songs that really helped me when I was working on getting out of an abusive friendship and dealing with the stalking from said ex-friend and her fiance/husband/now ex-husband back in '03 (and the multiple years after that when the stalking was going on).
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:23 pm Reply with quote
People, please remember, there are people out there who care for and about you, and help is always available via the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255, 24/7.

RIP Chester...thank you for sharing your talent with the world.
Spawn29

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Very sad news. I grew up during the Nu Metal Boom when I was in the 4th-8th grade back in 2000-2004.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:06 pm Reply with quote
This is just crazy, and this news comes two days away from the 2nd anniversary of vocaloid producer Siinamota's suspected suicide. This week is a dark one for me.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I can't say I was a fan of Linkin Park outside of a particularly-angsty period in my teens, but it's terrible to see depression claim one more person. It's something I've experienced myself, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. If anyone reading this thread is having any thoughts about harming yourself, please, PLEASE call a hotline and/or seek professional help. It's not the answer.
Peebs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:09 am Reply with quote
It warms my heart to see all the responses this is getting here. I'm still torn up about Chester's death. May his soul find the repose he didn't find while alive.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:08 am Reply with quote
MoonPhase1 wrote:
The Reanimation CD cover always reminded me of a Gundam.

Thanks for helping me remember that album name. My condolences to his family, fans, and friends.
SonicSP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:37 am Reply with quote
Ochinchinsama69 wrote:
It's unfortunate and all but I still don't get what this has to do with Anime and Japanese entertainment news -_-

They are also big fans of Gundam and have featured gunpla in some of their videos before. They even have a special edition of a gunpla that features themselves.

https://hlj.com/product/WPZR-30077
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:51 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
MoonPhase1 wrote:
The Reanimation CD cover always reminded me of a Gundam.

Thanks for helping me remember that album name. My condolences to his family, fans, and friends.

There's also Gundam figma featured in the music video of "Somewhere I Belong".
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zsCD5XCu6CM
Spawn29

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:00 pm Reply with quote
hinugundam wrote:

They were big fans of Gundam. There is a GP-01 HG model in Linkin Park colors, and the music video for "Somewhere I Belong" featured Gunpla models.

Linkin Park came out when Gundam Wing was a hot thing on Cartoon Network. The timing for Linkin Park becoming big during the start of the 2000's was perfect. I notice many kids that watch anime on CN in the late 90's-early 2000's was into Nu Metal like Linkin Park, Disturbed and several others at the time.
jdotaku

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:49 am Reply with quote
I first heard hybrid theory in 2000 through a skater buddy in jr high my fave song at the time was papercut which I played on the drums for a talent show. From there my bro and I would game and listen to meteora or watch amvs. I heard about chester this week at work and broke into tears Sad
The Eva Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:58 am Reply with quote
Just wanted to share this video I made, reflecting on Linkin Park's role in my life, as well as within the anime fandom, as Linkin Park AMVs have been a big part of the AMV scene since the early 2000s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvlxPPEK9g0
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3