• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Food Wars! The Third Plate

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:28 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:

And Im surprised Rebecca didn't mention anything about the foodgasm and fan service

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Laughing (Or maybe just a thing...)

I actually had intended to bring up how Soma shut down the fanservice camera angles when he totally failed to react to Erina showing up in her nightie, which was right up there with how he always deflates Takumi's attempts at rivalry. The foodgasm was okay - I'm torn between the Soma Chicks being creepy or funny - but not one of the more memorable as the series goes.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
that random scene where the camera lingers on Erina and Sakaki's breasts while they talk
About as random as a gag about how they're both busty and complaining about sore shoulders can get, anyways.

Not really a fan of how the OP spoils a good chunk of the season, but ehh, most of the viewers are manga readers anyways.
SkyLETV34

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this was the first time I really felt like things were moving too fast, it was even frustrating. I mean, things happened, they talked, they talked fast, they didn't stop talking, scenario change, things happened, they talked, they talked fast, they didn't stop talking, scenario change again, things happened, they kept talking fast and even the camera didn't stop moving, it was like watching the video at 2x. So I couldn't enjoy the last scene as I should have but at least I enjoyed Erina sensei.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
that random scene where the camera lingers on Erina and Sakaki's breasts while they talk

Yeah, if the girls won't shut up we can at least just look at their boobs while they yap, 'cause faces, who needs 'em, amirite? /s
MCAL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:47 pm Reply with quote
The funny thing is they adapted one less chapter than last episode.
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:06 am Reply with quote
Really enjoying watching the Rebels stick it to Central, especially when the douches involved think they're untouchable. The only thing that could have made it any better (for me), would've been if Kurokiba had taken that crappy salmon and slapped that b*tch across the face with it.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:38 pm Reply with quote
I kept worrying about them missing the train out from the moment they started sightseeing. "We have time, it leaves this evening!" Um, neon lights, stars, no sunshine - it's evening, kids. And then they split up, and I knew they were screwed. Never split up when bad guys are out to get you! I would've been camping at the station if I were in their shoes, given the underhanded stuff they've had thrown at them already.

I also don't quite see how the cook-offs with the Elites is supposed to work for the shoo-ins. They obviously can't beat them, yet they all need to pass to prove Azami's methods are correct. Or are only the rebels facing the Elites? That seems even more blatantly unfair - what will the others be given to do? Not to mention it seems weird to cross the streams between testing and shokugeki - both have their place in this school, but for utterly different purposes.

Again, as most of my musings will be addressed next episode, I'm just thinking out loud now, not looking for spoilers from manga readers, thanks.
GhostD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
GhostD wrote:

And Im surprised Rebecca didn't mention anything about the foodgasm and fan service

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Laughing (Or maybe just a thing...)

I actually had intended to bring up how Soma shut down the fanservice camera angles when he totally failed to react to Erina showing up in her nightie, which was right up there with how he always deflates Takumi's attempts at rivalry. The foodgasm was okay - I'm torn between the Soma Chicks being creepy or funny - but not one of the more memorable as the series goes.

But thats usually how Soma-related chibis are during foodgasms. Creepy and/or funny.
Randomuser

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:29 pm Reply with quote
That plottwist!

Now I'm even more hyped for the next episodes to happen!
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Sure Yuga has his own ulterior motives for helping out, but at the end of the day he's lending his stooges to Soma and helping out personally because he likes the guy.

Its Kuga. IIRC this is the 2nd time you got his name wrong lol
Mojave

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm with you Rebecca, the way the foodgasms were depicted in this episode as basically a sort of ancient shonen technique was absolutely delightful. Everything in this episode was spot-on for me, I absolutely loved it.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It must make going out to dinner quite the experience in the story's world.

I would imagine so, if across the restaurant people's clothes are randomly exploding off their bodies as their foodgasms strike. Very Happy Only go out to eat in your best underwear!
Calsolum

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It kind of makes me wish we got to see people seeing the reactions – are they weirded out or totally blasé about the whole thing because it's so normal?

sadly there is only one case of this happening and it's in relation to the Nakiri 'bestowing'(whatever it was called)
it's unlikely to show up in this season seeing as its pretty close to the 'final' battle with central.
For manga readers who might have missed it because it was a tiny part spoiler[it was in chapter 256 when Nakiri's blessing activates in front of a large audience and Akira comments on it being weird while Ryo nonchalantly brushes it off saying every family has "weird stuff" like that. Then akira says "dont give me that crap"] I hope they make it bigger in the anime cause thats definitely a big joke.

Also since the issue of fanservice came up recently the stuff regarding those two kids was pretty uncomfortable to watch. Also, they cut out the part where they spoiler[start crushing on soma when they find out he beat Alice] honestly I thought that was pretty cute a shame it wasn't there.

Lastly I'm dissapontied to see that they didn't go with the joke that Sōe's clothing literally bursts off. In the manga there was an error where his button-down shirt is ripped off of his torso but you can still see the dress shirt's sleeves.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:34 am Reply with quote
I honestly don't understand why they are rushing through the manga so fast. They could afford to go a little slower like they did in season 1 but whatever.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
I honestly don't understand why they are rushing through the manga so fast. They could afford to go a little slower like they did in season 1 but whatever.

I'm assuming the staff picked a certain stopping point for the season, which they wouldn't be able to reach in 24 episodes if they slowed down the pace.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10