• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blend S (TV).

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:53 am Reply with quote

Blend S (TV)

Genres: comedy, slice of life
Themes: café

Plot Summary: Maika gets a job at a cafe where all the waitresses are given certain attributes — such as "tsundere" or "little sister" — to embody while serving customers. The manager asks Maika to be the "Do S" (extreme sadist) waitress, so she will have to adopt a dominant and aggressive persona.
----------------------------------

Episode 1:
Oh God, this show is adorable.

Maika is absolutely adorable to watch! She is a bit timid but I think her character is really charming to watch. I also think Kaho is cute to watch and she seems like a popular girl.

One of the cutest anime of the season. Definitely will be watching more especially for the characters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:20 am Reply with quote
It is good to have a cute series like this every so often. Maika despite her supposed not being comfortable to be sadistic, did seem to fit into it pretty easily.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:37 pm Reply with quote
"Cute" was the last thing that came to mind while watching it.
It's fetish fuels: the series. It gets real annoying when spoiler[we get the trap into the mix].
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:00 pm Reply with quote
@ Sunny milk: but you wouldn't have a problem if the show had a character that satisfied your particular fetish, would it. And, in the future, use spoiler tags for source material information as the rules require.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. I added tags for you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Errinundra wrote:
Yeah. I added tags for you.

I went to go add tags myself but in the span of clicking "edit" on their post and it loading you had already added them. I was confused for a second when I saw a spoiler tag in the post when I went to edit and backed up and saw none.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
@ Sunny milk: but you wouldn't have a problem if the show had a character that satisfied your particular fetish, would it. And, in the future, use spoiler tags for source material information as the rules require.

Well, the imouto would satisfy my fetish, per se, but that doesn't mean I have to like it, and it's not even the point: it's just that the series is not cute, too dirty for that.
And calling that spoiler is way to exaggerate, when it's basically in his character introduction on official page too.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:53 pm Reply with quote
@ Sunny milk - let me spell something out for you: there are several posters here in a forum dedicated to ANIME discussion who make no effort to find out details about a series whether from official show sites or any other source. We specifically want to experience the show as it broadcast. So the rule is you don't discuss UPCOMING things without using spoiler tags to do so. And to take away any guesswork as to what some might consider a major spoiler versus a minor spoiler, the rule is NO INFORMATION at all without spoiler tags.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Mafuyu's real personality reminds me so much of my own younger sister!

I wonder how much longer they're going to make us wait for the other two waitresses to show up.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:08 pm Reply with quote
@Blood-
Sorry, didn't know those people skip the OP and ED too, my bad.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:13 am Reply with quote
Watching the show I couldn't help but think "This is like a Manga Time Kirara show, but it has males in it so it can't be!" but then I looked it up and it really is a Manga Time Kirara show.

I don't know what to think anymore...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:31 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

It kind of feels like this show has hit a stride now, and I found the episode to be particularly enjoyable. There was a sudden picture reference to both New Game and Kiniro Mosaic, though it took me a moment to think that Shino from Kiniro Mosaic actually has some similarities to Maika. Obsessed with foreign countries, and especially blonde hair. Young Maika was used some good humour, like her first love being a kernel statue, that is Anne Happy level stuff.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I like how straightforward this series is with telling us how only well endowed girls have value, and small women are trash, that beach episode showed that crystal clear.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Laughing Yeah, that's TOTALLY the message I got, too. You are a treasure trove of "found" humour, Sunny milk.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:23 pm Reply with quote
It's a shame that Sunny Milk was too blinded by Kaho's chest to appreciate how sensual the shots of Mafuyu napping were.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2