• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:36 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Anyone know what its reception has been like on other sites (the earliest comments I saw on CR despised it)? ANN has certainly given it the cold shoulder. I'd be on board for another season myself. Smile

This show is definitely a minority taste. The thread on AnimeSuki is pretty limited, too, though the contributors are quite positive. I'm as puzzled by the limited interest in HTR as I am by the enthusiasm for FRANXX.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it's a shame this title isn't getting the attention it deserves. I guess that happens when there is just so much product coming out every season. Almost inevitable that something will fall through the cracks.
Merida

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Morale of the story: there's a baseball tactic for every situtation in life. Laughing

I was a bit sad that Fei didn't join our merry band of killers after all, but i guess he'd crossed the line once he shot the boyfriend Banba. Loved that even the old ramen stall guy turned out to be an (former) awesome hitman.

This was one of the pleasant surprises of this season and i sure wouldn't mind a sequel!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:54 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Lin-Lin would not have hurt his foot if he hadn't been wearing heels? Yes, I haven't gotten enough of this crew, either. BanbaxLin-Lin 4-eva.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Lin and Banba would be easier to ship, if Lin did not make it so vocal that he both identifies as a guy, and is not gay. Like, I want to ship it, but it does not actually make it feel like a thing.

I did watch this, I was not I say bored, but I don't think it fully grabbed my attention. I rate it as So-so (5/10). I think that it was a little too shallow for me, despite what one would say as mature themes, it did not really feel quite mature, rather than a bit too much lip service. Interesting that one of the main characters was a crossdresser, but other parts felt a bit too calculated in trying to appeal to certain audience, that I don't think that I am really a part of. So I am maybe rating lower because it really did not appeal to me much, and nothing that felt like I had to keep watching.

For example, whey was there the kid? It just felt like the show wanted to do the little girl secretly cool thing, and she has a gay guardian, because that will appeal. Or the trickster informant, who is totally there to be a token not quite pretty boy, but still actually is, and of course similar to trolling informant from another series. The muscle guy, I think was maybe okay, I at least think he was not in there not so calculating, unless there is a big that interest of muscle characters. I wish I could say something more profound, but I think it will be hard to put in words a lot of my thoughts.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:51 pm Reply with quote
The feel-good series of the year, with bros and betrayal, bloodshed and bombs, and baseball! It puts the fun in fundoshi! Come for the mayhem, stay for the camaraderie and ramen!

Seriously, despite the subject matter, this always did lighten my mood (Banbaka!). I'm sad that Fei didn't get to join the team though.

I have only one question - who is Lee? I'm sure he must've been mentioned (knowing me, he was probably central to the whole arc), but I'm drawing a blank. And what became of him after everybody who would've saved him was dead? Normally I'd just assume he was dead, but with this show, you never know. He could figure into a second season or something. One can hope. Very Happy
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:18 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I have only one question - who is Lee? I'm sure he must've been mentioned (knowing me, he was probably central to the whole arc), but I'm drawing a blank. And what became of him after everybody who would've saved him was dead? Normally I'd just assume he was dead, but with this show, you never know. He could figure into a second season or something. One can hope. Very Happy

He was the one leading the Kakyuu executives, the one that Fei-lan injected with that virus after they tried to poison him. That's why they were working for him - because he told them he'd give them the antidote if they did what he said.

Considering Banba and the old man went off to kill all the executives at the end of the episode, Lee probably died before the virus could even kill him.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, I'm the absolute worst with names, real or fictional. Also I tend to get so caught up in what this show is doing in the moment, I forget about the plot points they've strewn about until they tie them off. Smile

I still think the virus was a bluff, so if this gets another season (or there's more story in the LN or the Drrr cross-over), I would expect to see him pop his head up again. I'm not sure he was hanging out at the HQ when all this went down. It seems kinda unlikely that everyone in the organization was there at the time, so Banba ought to still have some mop-up work to do.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4