• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Burning Kabaddi (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:59 am Reply with quote

Burning Kabaddi (TV)

Genres: tournament
Themes: soccer, sports

Plot Summary: [quote]First-year high school student Tatsuya Yoigoshi is a former ace soccer player who dislikes sports. He gets invited to join a team for the contact sport kabaddi. He scoffs at the idea at first but becomes interested after watching a kabaddi practice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Up front, I wasn't really interested in this show, in general with me a sports anime is at a disadvantage. I do think it had some good elements, like it built itself up some aesthetic choices such as "Struggle!" when characters were tagged. I do think that I mostly got an idea of how the sport is played, although I am a little in the dark still about how often they have to say "kabaddi", it is possible that I missed an explanation of the requirements, along with a referee.

I admit that the game sounds interesting, and characters were not the worst, their designs a bit on the beefier side to, mostly. It probably mostly did not jell me too much as interesting.

My rating is So-so (5/10), It didn't really catch my attention.
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:58 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 12 (finale)

Up front, I wasn't really interested …
I am a little in the dark still about how often they have to say "kabaddi", it is possible that I missed an explanation of the requirements, along with a referee.

I wasn’t really Interested in the show either as I’m not a huge sports show fan, and this sport looks stupid IMO. It did manage to hold my interest at least, the characters and animation were pretty good…

I still think the sport is kind of stupid. They have to say Kabaddi as many times as can as they hold their breath or for the length of one breath I guess, which probably varies person to person and depending on how much activity you’re doing. It seems to me it would be very easy to breathe in and out while saying it and who’s going to check to make sure you’re being honest? Clearly it’s a sport only for Japan… It would never catch on in America at least.
I am glad it’s over, that last “practice” game was several episodes too many. Still better that I was expecting, but 5 or 6/10 from me as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1