• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Odd Taxi (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 7:15 am Reply with quote
That's a super interesting theory, DP. Be interesting to see if you are proven right at some point.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Shirakawa saved Odokawa with her martial arts, at this point he would be a fool to turn her down like he has. If we are just seeing characters as animals by Odokawa's perspective, might mean that his own appearance is a bit of his bad self esteem, and he shouldn't be so hard on the idea that she might be interested in him.

Surprise turn, the mysterious girl who 's body turned up dead in the water, which looked to being done at the start of the series, is indeed not the missing high school girl, but an 18 year old who was also a member of Mystery Kiss. It is weird as we have only known of 3 members of Mystery Kiss. Unless, could one of the other girls wearing a mask actually have been the missing girl? Not sure, but for some reason I thought the missing girl would be a cat, probably a black one, and now that I think about it we have not gotten much information about that character, the one not doing a badger game. The question is how that applies to his perception quirk.

The episode also stopped short of the doctor finding out the deets.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:56 am Reply with quote
Damn, I love this show! Primarily for its humour and characters, but also because there is a legit interesting crime plot. And yes, Shirakawa is my new waifu.
yuna49

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:35 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Surprise turn, the mysterious girl who 's body turned up dead in the water, which looked to being done at the start of the series, is indeed not the missing high school girl, but an 18 year old who was also a member of Mystery Kiss. It is weird as we have only known of 3 members of Mystery Kiss.

As I recall, one of the current members of Mystery Kiss is new after an earlier member went missing.

Also should we draw any conclusions from the fact that Mystery Kiss have been axed from the OP? (Other scenes involving Yamamoto and the Daimon brothers are also gone.)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

I must have misunderstood something, because apparently the missing high school girl was indeed the missing member of Mystery Kiss. Mystery Kiss along with the criminal guys got the family to release the fact the girl was missing so they could catch anyone who might have seen something incriminating after they got rid of her body when she died for unknown reasons. The porcupine guy said it looked like blunt force trauma. Interestingly enough the idol centre had kind of planned to kill her if she did not give up the centre position that she looked set to receive, but was not actually responsible. They then brought in the other girl to publicly pretend to go by the missing girl's name in the group, but apparently people did not know who exactly the missing girl was and that she was meant to be a member of Mystery Kiss.

It does leave a question open, such as who actually killed Yuki Mitsuya. As kind of crazy as it is sounding, I am kind of putting Odokawa at the top of the possible list, since we were simultaneously following a story about his past including the death of his parents. Or it could be related to the criminals connected to her father. Or it could be Sakura, the girl that was told she was number 4 in the auditions, and thought that if she got rid of her she could take her place, as innocent as she appears.

Just have to look forward to hopefully answers next week, whether everything will actually work out, such as Odokawa catching the criminals in the act with the authorities, or all falling to pieces.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 13 (finale)

Heck yeah, read my previous post, I actually called it. The killer was Sakura, dead on that she killed her rival, and based on how she acts at the end is in fact a sociopath, thinking of killing Shiho for more attention, after she gets rid of Odokawa. It actually left on a rather suspenseful note, with her in his backseat planning to off him, but I would be more hopeful since Odokawa knows that she was who he took that night, and he planned to take that information to the police. Hopefully it was exactly what he did, and he might actually be part of a sting to catch her in the act, hopefully freeing Rui from the accusation of murder.

But really, the big thing to comment on the final episode, was how they were actually kind of brave to at the end undo the animal designs of everyone, after pointing out that indeed it was part of a mental problem with him, and seems to have been reversed after the accident. To further those notes, I think that there is quite a lot to say about Odokawa, who had a really sad and complicated childhood, and it was making me really worried that we might lose him. And also, I think we can also understand that he had some pretty bad self image problems, since his walrus body is much less flattering than his human one, where he seemed to see himself as far less attractive. He should totally not think he is out of Shirakawa's league.

There is a lot to just in general say about details like the human designs, I do think they kind of tread that line where we might feel afraid that it would lose its charm after showing them as human, but it is still there. But also on so much else in the series, like the plot, and how they put all the significant players to see Odokawa fly off the bridge, the show really managed to juggle a whole lot of different things. Man, I really enjoyed this last episode.

My rating is going to be Excellent (9/10), it was a rather oddball series, and kind of low key in sort of things, but a super interesting one that needs to be looked at by the anime community.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:49 am Reply with quote
Congrats, DP! Not only were you correct about Sakura being the killer but your theory that Odokawa suffers from some condition that makes him see people as animals was correct, too.

Well, I rate this as Excellent. Loved the humour and plot. Everything came together very nicely at the end and the ambiguity of what is going to happen next was pretty cool. Definitely one of the highlights of the season for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2