• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Mods?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Ummm did I miss something? I go away for almost a week on vacation and I come back and I find new mods. Were Zalis, and Keonyn mods before? I know selenta wasn't and now he is.....did I just come back to the twilight zone?
HellKorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:44 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
Ummm did I miss something? I go away for almost a week on vacation and I come back and I find new mods. Were Zalis, and Keonyn mods before? I know selenta wasn't and now he is.....did I just come back to the twilight zone?

All three are new moderators.

Read this thread for details.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Wow so Tony and Nagisa don't have to do everything by themselves now...... this should be interesting.
sandy_taty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:55 pm Reply with quote
To be honest, this is like .Hack. Accepted we aren't inside a game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
8daze

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:56 pm Reply with quote
The new mods seem to be doing a great job, too. The bot threads are almost completely unseen now.
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm happy for them. I personally wouldn't want to be a mod because of the work required of the position, but I'll still support those that are daring enough to take the job Razz Somehow I felt like those three would be mods anyway since they're in basically every discussion thread out there and then some.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure Tony and Nagisa must be happy to have help. My question is this, why weren't the other mods helping before? I know there were others but I hardly ever saw any of them post besides Tony, Zac, and Nagisa. I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful I honestly just want to know why most never post. I would figure Tony and NAgisa could've used the help before this point. Also curious as to how the 3 were selected to be new mods. Again, no disrespect just curious. Bad habit of mine, too curious for my own good.
sandy_taty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:11 pm Reply with quote
You know they must be busy. It's hard to keep on track, and read all the forums. Imagen how many log in each day and every second. Not really awesome..Also if you haven't notice, they live in different places. I wonder if they know each other in person?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Most of the other mods have work such as writing reviews for anime or managing the website in general, as well as other jobs they may have, so they don't have the time to be worried about the forums.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:21 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
Also curious as to how the 3 were selected to be new mods.

Chosen by the staff, most likely, and then notified about it, probably via PM.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Daemonblue wrote:
Most of the other mods have work such as writing reviews for anime or managing the website in general, as well as other jobs they may have, so they don't have the time to be worried about the forums.

Then why are they mods? I thought the job of the mod was to moderate the forums? I know there are others, like dormcat for example, who are reviewrs, or encyclopedia staff, or associate editors and that's understandable. As I was lead to believe the mods are simply there to moderate the forums because it is a bit unfair to ask just 1 or 2 people to do it by themselves with a site this big. Not trying to get on anyone's case just simply looking for clarification.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Well, people like tempest and Zac you *could* consider mods, they write for and manage the site, but they do have the ability to lock and such, so you could consider them mods.

I think the term "mod" is being thrown around loosely here - probably anyone who has the power to lock a thread can be considered a mod.

[EDIT] I've always considered admin mods as well, although the converse statement doesn't hold true.

Last edited by frentymon on Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:29 pm Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
Well, people like tempest and Zac you *could* consider mods, they write for and manage the site, but they do have the ability to lock and such, so you could consider them mods.

I think the term "mod" is being thrown around loosely here - probably anyone who has the power to lock a thread can be considered a mod.

Just to clarify I meant the guys/gals listed as moderators. Zac's actually an admin if I'm not mistaken.
sandy_taty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:36 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
frentymon wrote:

Just to clarify I meant the guys/gals listed as moderators. Zac's actually an admin if I'm not mistaken.

Hey don't forget Tony K. He have locked so much and take his time to post forum. I believe he's an awesome mods, even thought he have locks some of mine.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:48 pm Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:

Zac and tempest, being part of Admin, have the ability to ban people, as well as Dan42 and Bamboo Dong. Mods cannot do that, they simply lock, delete threads and posts, and merge as well as move them.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2