• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Do It Yourself!! (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:40 am Reply with quote

Do It Yourself!! (TV)

Genres: comedy, slice of life
Theme: CGDCT (cute girls doing cute things)

Plot Summary: Do It Yourself!! follows high school girls working on DIY projects, as they struggle, fail, yet don't give up and see the projects through to their end. The story depicts the lives of those girls as they take the first step toward the future. (-MAL)

October 5, 2022 (Wednesdays; Crunchyroll)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:32 am Reply with quote
Personally, I don't find the character designs cute, so I question this being a cgdct themed show. Not only that, there is nothing particularly cute about cutting wood or putting in screws, so I think the cgdct label falls down on the "doing cute things" aspect, too.

However.

So far I like this show. Our clumsy, ditzy heroine is kind of fun, although given her klutzyness, I sincerely hope she won't be using any band saws or the like. This could end up being a very bloody show. I like that she has an estranged childhood friend who clearly wants to re-establish closeness but is too tsundere to know how to do it. Not the most original idea, but it always works for me.

Let's see what these chicks make!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

A cute show. Although I want it noted that it is perhaps one of the worst English of a character supposedly being a native English speak, from recent history. I can only hope that it worked better for Japanese audiences

I don't have a whole lot to really say about it. DIY was a kind of interesting addition of these types of CGDCT anime. Although the setting at times felt a bit weird, with at times sci-fi level stuff, and all of the pets.

My rating will be Decent (6/10), I didn't lose my time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1