• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:20 pm Reply with quote

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer (TV)

Genres: action, adventure, comedy, drama, psychological
Theme:

Plot Summary: The War of the Rings has begun and it's up to the Princess and the Beast Knights to stop Animus the Mage from destroying the world with his ultimate weapon: The Biscuit Hammer, a giant mallet that floats in space. Yuuhi Amamiya, the Lizard Knight, and Samidare Asahina, the Princess Anima, fight against the Mage and his golems to save the world - but only so that they can destroy it themselves. (from manga)

July 8, 2022 (Saturdays; Crunchyroll)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:05 am Reply with quote
Episode 24 (finale)

That is it, its finally over. And although I would be lying to say that it didn't occasionally have not bad stuff, with an alright ending and stuff. The show is still pretty awful, or at least mediocre.

But putting a main complaint I have for a while, despite probably not being that important. It really bugged me that it went through all of the effort of making all the spirit animals being accurate to real life animals, but lizard Noi one as one of the main characters, shares no resemblance to a real life lizard that I am familiar with. The spines, teeth, eyes, and I assume the markings, just look too much like a fantasy lizard, or something dragon like, rather than an actual lizard, which kind of undercut a few jokes the series had at showing the other animals as like said animal. The holy cow that is an actual horse, when the lizard doesn't actually look like a lizard. It just really bugged me, which had me wondering something like finding out he wasn't actually a lizard, but something more fantasy.

Honestly a lot of the other complaints I would have, kind of for me get overshadowed by the above, but really just that it was quite often pretty boring, and in general low quality that you could have fooled me that that this wasn't the standard Japanese anime. And I think that I pretty audibly groaned when finding out what the villain's actual motives were, because they were so cartoonish. In another character, maybe not the best way to handle a character that was kind of hinted as having sociopathy, alright in not having her be villainess, but she kind of just got fixed of it after her love interest got killed.

My rating will be Weak (3/10), because I think that by the half way point I was pretty sure that I had wished that I had done something else with my time. But yet I continued to watch because I had thought that I had an invested so much at watching despite how bad it was, I thought that I might as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1