• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sacrificial Princess & the King of Beasts (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:51 am Reply with quote

Sacrificial Princess & the King of Beasts (TV)

Source: Manga (completed @ 15 volumes, by Yū Tomofuji)

Demographic: Shoujo

Animation Studio: J.C. Staff

Genres: drama, fantasy, romance

Themes: demi-humans

Plot Summary: One hundred years ago, there was a great war between humanity and beastkind. Once the war ended, an annual tradition was proposed where a female sacrifice would be taken from the humans to be eaten by the King of Beasts. This tradition continues on as the 99th sacrifice, 15-year-old Sariphi, is taken from her village to the kingdom of Ozmargo, a miasma-filled realm where beasts live and human entry is forbidden.

But Sariphi is not like the previous sacrifices. Her optimism and lack of fear towards the beasts and her fate surprises the otherwise fearsome King. Intrigued by the sacrificial princess and her history, he allows her to freely roam around the kingdom until the night of revelation despite the potential outrage. Little do Sariphi and the King know, their short time spent together has slowly set the stage for something unimaginably different for the future of Ozmargo.

[-MAL Rewrite]

Air Date & Platform:
April 19, 2023 (Wednesday)
Available on: Crunchyroll

Episode Count / Runtime: Pending
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

Hmmm. The whole Beauty and the Beast is kinda played out for me. There was nothing in the first episode that made this stand out for me, but I'll watch some more just to see if it picks up.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:33 am Reply with quote
Wow, Leo's a genuine romantic, isn't he. Very Happy The only thing I'm really not liking so far is the albino eyelashes, which might be somewhat realistic, but are always rendered in a way that makes the characters look like they have fur growing from their eyelids.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:58 pm Reply with quote
I kind of hate to post only to say that the show did not manage to hook me after 2 episodes after having kind of forgotten about the anime airing....but that is what I am saying. It feels absolutely average with nothing really grabbing my attention, the fact that it will be 24 episodes does not help either (I tend to be a bit more strict on animes with a lot of episodes).
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Ep.5

Girl really lacks any semblance of a survival instinct, huh. So why didn't she just memorize the incantation instead of needing to find the book each time to try to finish it? Not real crazy about the Beast she summoned, but whatever. Also not sure how the archers expected to kill an immortal being of rebirth, even if it's tapped out. I did like that the phoenix set him on fire for it though.

Oddly, I'm currently more interested in the lizards' potential romance than the main story. Very Happy And Cy and Clops are totally making this for me.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:50 am Reply with quote
Ep 8

I liked this episode a lot. Anubis is a great character. Not so nice a guy, but a great character. I get a kick out of the lizard knight (don't recall his name) calling him Abi. And Sariphi did a splendid job of hosting. Plus she looked great in that outfit, instead of like a kitten in a box waiting in the rain to be adopted, as she usually does.

It wasn't clear, but I hope she was thinking to herself and not telling the fish ojisan that the King is half human. That would be bad. But I didn't see the switcheroo coming, so kudos on that.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

I don't know if based on much, but because the king mentioned his father, the previous dying as he did and appearing quite old, my thoughts was that perhaps his "father" was his biological grandfather. Leo thought it strange that he did not sire a pure child, which also made me think that maybe he did, his son or daughter got together with a human, and perhaps it led to said offspring being killed, with the king raising his grandson as his own.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:04 am Reply with quote
Ep 13

Maybe I only just noticed, but is this the first time we've seen Leo's toe beans? Very Happy I also got a kick out of Sari's "I'll be lonely without you(r tail)" as she face plants into his floof.

New OP suggests a lot more action this cour than previously. I like Lante already. The giraffe captain was pretty cool looking too, but his little hat wedged in between his horns killed me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1