• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rokudo's Bad Girls (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:46 pm Reply with quote

Rokudo's Bad Girls (TV)

Source: Manga (completed @ 26 volumes, by Yūji Nakamura)

Demographic: Shounen

Animation Studio: Satelight

Genres: comedy, romance

Themes: delinquents, harem, school

Plot Summary: Tо̄suke Rokudо̄ is a timid high school boy who gets bullied by delinquents. He receives a scroll from his late grandfather, leaving a mark on his forehead. The mark's effect causes a delinquent girl named Ranna Himawari to fall in love with him.

Air Date & Platform:
April 7, 2023 (Friday)
Available on: Crunchyroll

Episode Count / Runtime:

Last edited by Tony K. on Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

Another example of a comedic premise I like, but for me the show bobbled the ball towards the end. First, I hated that Himawari got hurt because of the idiotic promise that Rokudo made her make, but then I ESPECIALLY hated that he didn't immediately tell her that of course she was allowed to defend herself if somebody was trying to harm her. I hated that so much, I resolved not to watch any more episodes. Also, it just defied belief that a wuss like Rokudo would suddenly decide he'd fight his own battles. Anyway, I've changed my mind and will watch more but if it continues to be dumb in the ways I don't like, it will be perma-dropped.
camseyeview140

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 8:20 pm Reply with quote
This show doesn't seem to know what it wants to be like a couple of different anime this season. It feels like it wants to be a parody of delinquent anime, but it also wants to be a commentary on masculinity, but it's not good at any of them. Also doesn't help a lot of the female characters this entire show is based around don't have personalities. Or are way too simple for their own good. Also has some underlying weird sense of "let me tame these bad girls like Fruit of Evolution" and...I don't know, it feels like it wants to be a homage or retro-inspired anime, but it isn't good enough to be one like Magical Destroyers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1