• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I Shall Survive Using Potions! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:31 am Reply with quote
That is one of the main issues of the show, Kaoru moves between places pretty frequently and problems get solved very fast, which makes the stakes feel low or not a thing at all.
As for the killing....yeah, it went from a war with no deaths to ending it as fast as possible to minimize deaths in a heartbeat. It all ended up well enough, yet some of those soldiers were absolutely butchered, especially by Fran.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:14 pm Reply with quote
And so ends another of the many anime this season that I would say was neither really good nor bad. Every week was amusing with Kaoru trying to remain lowkey while also helping people and thus getting outed as being anything but a normal girl. She saved/helped a lot of people and build up something like a family that travel with her. Most of the episodes were calm, yet some of them like the final one had a bit of excitement.

You could do a lot worse for some simple entertainment, though given how busy seasons are now you could also easily do better.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:11 am Reply with quote
This was the very definition of a "fluff" show. I think the author could have done a lot more with it, but it was OK. S2? Not sure if the post-credits scene is a hint, but if so, I hope they consider how they can make it a more substantial story without going the easy route and adding a lot of drama.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2