• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rail Romanesque (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:52 pm Reply with quote

Season 01: Rail Romanesque (TV)
Season 02: Rail Romanesque (TV 2)

Source: Visual Novel (developed and published by Lose)

Demographic:

Animation Studio:
Season 01: Saetta
Season 02: Cloud Hearts, Yokohama Animation Lab

Genres: slice of life

Themes: alternate history, anthropmorphs, locomotives, transformations

Plot Summary: The year is 1989. After the nation of Hinomoto was destabilized during the past World War, the rise of new technologies has enabled its revitalization. Modern engineering has given birth to aircraft, gasoline engines, and geomagnetic technology—revolutionizing transportation. Railroads have been rendered nearly obsolete and replaced by more efficient modes of transit.

However, a group of lively "Raillords" aims to renew the railroads' former glory. The Raillords, personified as energetic and spirited girls, act as humanoid control modules for their assigned railways. They meet in Ohitoyo City for the Raillord Summit, headed by Suzushiro, a Raillord from Manoka Railways. Together, the group capitalizes on its teamwork to get the railroads back on track, ushering in a "new railroad age."

Air Date & Platform:
Season 01: October 2, 2020 (Friday)
Available on: Crunchyroll, FUNimation

Season 02: October 5, 2023 (Thursday)
Available on: Pending

Episode Count / Runtime:
Season 01: 12 (5-minute) episodes
Season 02: 13 (5-minute) episodes
----------------------------------

There wasn't a thread for the first season, since they're animated shorts. But there are some decently-profiled VAs in the cast, so I decided to make a thread, anyway, if anybody is in to this franchise.

Last edited by Tony K. on Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:32 pm Reply with quote
I watched a few of the episodes and I kind of don't understand the appeal. Is it aimed at the people that love trains and also like lolis? That seems like a small group of people to be honest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1