• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Delicious in Dungeon

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:51 pm Reply with quote
I thought Senshi was wearing a pelt or something, I didn't realize it was his beard Laughing

Using a water walking spell to keep the squid from diving was a great use of a non-combat spell in combat.

I like the details about the two different kinds of mermaids, with one being mammal and the other not. Bad singing overpowering the siren-like lure of the mermaids was a great joke too as they just seemed annoyed at what they were hearing Laughing
Great Rumbler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:02 pm Reply with quote
The second party of adventurers from a few episodes ago getting revived only to be immediately killed again offscreen was a great gag. They've got no luck at all!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Why did those guys revive the band that was killed by the treasure bugs, only to kill them again? Will Marcille be able to revive them again? And I thought she was going to braid Senshi's hair and beard so he wouldn't look like a horned bush with kooshballs under his nose. Smile

Also kinda sad about the kelpie turning on him because scorpion-nature.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Why did those guys revive the band that was killed by the treasure bugs, only to kill them again?

They get paid by the revive. More corpses, the better
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Paid by who? If the revived pay, it seems like that would only work like once? Get all their money for the first time. Then there's no reason to kill them again. Even if there's a fixed price or something, then it still wouldn't work twice. If I were revived, and they killed me after I paid them, I'd wake up slashing the second time.

If it's the Adventurers' Guild who pays, wouldn't they kinda balk at paying the same group to revive the same people over and over in a short time? If you keep killing them, what sort of proof do you need about how many times you revive them? It all sounds fishy to me.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:43 pm Reply with quote
They weren't killed by the people who revived them. We saw the revival people get paid by the party in the episode
Glordit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:02 pm Reply with quote
I don't think the group who revived the adventures who got done in by the bugs killed them. They somehow managed to get there faster and then most likely got caught by the sirens and drowned.

I wonder where Liaos will draw the line on what is edible and if Senshi has eaten it already?
Nev999

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:51 am Reply with quote
Glordit wrote:
I don't think the group who revived the adventures who got done in by the bugs killed them. They somehow managed to get there faster and then most likely got caught by the sirens and drowned.

I wonder where Liaos will draw the line on what is edible and if Senshi has eaten it already?

This is correct, the manga shows how they got killed, it was skipped over in the anime.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Nev999 wrote:

This is correct, the manga shows how they got killed, it was skipped over in the anime.

While checking that chapter out I was reminded about the mimics. Having them be like hermit crabs is a neat idea.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I remember not being super impressed with the animation the first few episodes, but it’s really been getting better with each episode.

The food has been hit or miss for me, but the meat in this episode looked mouth-wateringly juicy.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:23 pm Reply with quote
As per the subs and the Encyclopedia, her name is Marcille. Last couple of reviews have been consistently calling her Marceille, which I admit looks better, but is probably wrong.

It was nice to be reminded that Falin exists. Smile
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Why did those guys revive the band that was killed by the treasure bugs, only to kill them again? Will Marcille be able to revive them again? And I thought she was going to braid Senshi's hair and beard so he wouldn't look like a horned bush with kooshballs under his nose. Smile

Also kinda sad about the kelpie turning on him because scorpion-nature.

I just want to point out they weren't killed by the bugs, they were just paralyzed (yes, they should have died of dehydration, but, anime).
ab2143

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:35 am Reply with quote
Typo with Marcille’s name
Thesarum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:16 am Reply with quote
Really nice to see some more sides of Marcille. Her relationship with Falin is cute and a believable origin point for the Marcille we know now. And her fight with the undine demonstrates skill, bravery and determination. She's not just someone with fantastic face game and an entertaining reluctance to eat weird stuff Liaos picked up off the floor, she absolutely deserves her place as one of the pillars of this team.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:01 am Reply with quote
Love the world building explaining the general rules for resurrections in this setting. I guess once the body is destroyed in the dungeon, the soul is let go? Or does it become trapped in the dungeon?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5