• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Spice & Wolf: merchant meets the wise wolf Anime Reveals New Visual, Half-Year Run

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SigTheSauceMan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I sincerely hope they adapt LN v04 and go further than LN v06 this time.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Yay, 2-cour Spice & Wolf!
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:13 am Reply with quote
SigTheSauceMan wrote:

I'll be happy if it gets far enough to introduce Col.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Villain-chan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:35 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
SigTheSauceMan wrote:

I'll be happy if it gets far enough to introduce Col.

Emerje
Keep in mind that the 1st and 2nd seasons were 26 eps combined (Counting the S2 ep 0 ep here) and thats WITH a LN skipped from my understanding. Even if we assume the season will have 26 eps (13 eps per cour) either they skip the content they skipped b4 and we thus get nothing new from the story or, they adapt either the missing book and or add in new story but in this scenario this means the anime won't end where S2 of the OG ended. Either way unless they rush/skip content (Which no one wants), this new remake won't make it past where the OG anime ended simply based on the ep count of the old 2 seasons (and S2 ep 0 ep) and now knowing this remake at best will have 26 eps. I mean sure they could pull an odd ep number like the recently finished airing Frieren did which has 28 eps, but I can't see that happening here. :/

Either way I'm glad they're doing 2 cours here, I seriously was only expecting a single cour covering all of the OG 1st season so I'm happy we're getting more. This also now gives me hope we might see more past where the OG anime left off since they could've done the easy thing to milk this by only doing 1 cour and calling it a day but instead went the extra mile for 2 cours. Sure they could do that still and we not end up with another season past this new remake's 2 cour season, but as I said, I'm hopeful that won't be the case. Long as fans flock to this new remake still, I believe we'll see more :) (I hope...)
Key

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:40 am Reply with quote
The original production covered two novels + a short story per season. If they pick up the adaptation pace a little, I could reasonably see five novels covered - IOW, the same four as the original plus the skipped novel. Theoretically possible they could aim for six novels covered at a 4 eps-per-novel pace, but that would awfully fast for such a character-focused style of storytelling.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1