• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ninja Scroll:The series

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toubib

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Just bought Ninja Scroll, and while the art is good, and I like the plot. I'm not to thrilled with all the techno stuff they've added to it. It's to much like Black Lion for me, where as the orginal, all the special powers fit into that time period. And I don't know if it's just that I'm used to Dean Elliot and Rudy Luzion, but I'm not enjoying the new guys. But I'm sure David Rasner and Dwight Schultz will grow on me over the next 9 episodes. But all in all I'll follow it thru to the end.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
demonblade508

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:29 pm Reply with quote
heres a question. I only watched the first episode so far as thats all I had time for. I really liked what I saw, the techno doesnt bother me, I like any type of music. But anyway, I've never seen the Ninja Scroll movie (i know, blasphemy) should I watch that to famiiarize with the characters? or is the TV series completely different from the movie?
Toubib

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:24 am Reply with quote
You can just watch the series. The series uses Dakuan and the Kimone, which the movie used, but it uses them differently. If it was a sequel, then Jubie should have recognized Dakuan
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1