• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
KOR manga

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caulfield

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:59 pm Reply with quote
I am glad that the Orange Road OAVs and the movie "I Want to Return to that Day" will eventually be released on DVD, but is the manga ever going to be released in translated compiled trade paperbacks? I don't see it available anywhere so I am guessing it was never officially translated. If that is so, then is there a chance that it will be released stateside? The only reasons I can see not to want to would be that the series is somewhat old (but not really...) and possibly the abundance of unofficial translations on the net.

,Caul
spewmuffin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:50 am Reply with quote
You're right... KOR manga has yet to be licensed for American distribution. With mangas still in relative infancy, it may take a few more years before the more classic titles get picked up. I'm hoping that the trend follows the way of anime of today. It's still difficult to understand everything when holding the Japanese version in the hand and reading from a translated script on the screen.

Still, buying the Japanese version is way cheaper, but I'd usually only do that if the manga isn't licensed already. Love Hina was purchased before Tokyopop announced the licensing, as well as Rurouni Kenshin, so these two are the exceptions on my shelf.

--
SpewMuffin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1