• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Guess the Geneon License Contest #2

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ingraman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:22 am Reply with quote
who_is_friend wrote:
Thanks to the pre-emptive clues, I've already sent in my answer. Hope it's what I think it is (because that would ROCK seeing as how it's one of my favourite anime).

Yeah, based upon what little that I know about some of the series that are possibilities, I'll presume that it's Higurashi. I know it is a (series of) game(s), and I don't think that they were console games. I don't know too much about the background of Nanoha, but I'm not recalling any games there. Maria-sama's definitely novels. I suppose if I just Wiki it, everything would be much clearer.

Quote:
EDIT: Of course, I failed to see that Canada is not eligible to win, so even if I was first, nothing would come of it. Darn. At least it got licensed though. I'm happy about that.

Heh... I'm in California, so I could enter if I felt like it (Just why are Hawaii and Alaska ruled out? Are these contests illegal there, or is the postage that much more?). Since I'm only 98% certain (accurately or not's another thing entirely) of the title, I won't bother entering. If it is Higurashi, that's fine; I'll buy it when it gets a collection in a few years. I don't think that it's a series that I'd buy as it comes out on singles. If Geneon were making some people happy by grabbing Air or Kanon (those are games, too, right?), then I won't bother with the new show at all. ^_^;
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:41 am Reply with quote
I just sent mine in, hope I get this. ME WANT LAST EXILE FIGURE BAD!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:45 am Reply with quote
sent it, I just took a random educated guess. i guess some of you already guessed the same anime as me.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:48 am Reply with quote
If this is the license I am thinking it is, and the title most people seem to think, I am overwhelmed with joy. I don't really care that I pretty much missed out on winning the contest, I've been wanting this to be licensed for a while...
Splitter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:50 am Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:

I could care less about winning the contest. I never win them anyway. I just wanna know what the freakin' show is!
shadow_Hiei

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:53 am Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:

I could care less about winning the contest. I never win them anyway. I just wanna know what the freakin' show is!

Should be obvious...
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:54 am Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:

Well I have a pretty good idea what it is and even if it's not, which I hope it is, I ACTUALLY love Last Exile TO DEATH and want that prize. SO to me this title is second in my brain.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:05 am Reply with quote
I think that nanoha would be too easy given that they mentioned it in their last contest as a red herring.

Edit, i have two shows in mind off the top of my head that i think are far more likely.

Last edited by rankothefiremage on Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:10 am Reply with quote
Ingraman wrote:
(Just why are Hawaii and Alaska ruled out? Are these contests illegal there, or is the postage that much more?)

Their essentially the "Bastard Child" States of the Union where many contests don't wanna bother shipping stuff to them due to the high cost (Um, have these guys heard of the United States Postal Service? Media Mail still exists!!). Nothing illegal about excluding them, just from some folks I know in Hawaii and Alaska, they HATE contests like this. So much to the point they go out of their way not to buy any items associated with the company doing it.
domino

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:41 am Reply with quote
I have a few ideas, but since I can only enter once, I'm hesitating... hmm...
All that I really learned from this clue is that whatever they licensed is probably something I'm not going to want to watch. Razz
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:07 am Reply with quote
well, something (i assume the same thing as everyone else) popped into my head immediately as I just saw it not that long ago.

It fits the criteria and nothing else comes to mind. Could be wrong though. Unless I've missed something obvious, its probly the most well known of any possibilities out there.

I cant win anyway since Im Canadian but its fun to guess anyway.
Eurofag

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:33 am Reply with quote
BTW have you guys seen who owns Nanohadvd.com domain?
bci110

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:21 am Reply with quote
Sent my entry in a few minutes ago. I have a pretty good idea what the series is, but I'll wait and see what the next couple of clues reveal before I can confirm it. Wink
michelous

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:35 am Reply with quote
it could be one of the following
Gift eternal rainbow
Happiness
Kishin Houkou Demonbane TV (the one i hope it is)
Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru
Raimuiro Senkitan
Soul Link
Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na Crescent Love
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:09 am Reply with quote
Kanon, Air, DaCapo. I am guessing Kanon (2006)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 20