• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madoka Magica's English-Subtitled Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellfish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:18 am Reply with quote
I am unable to see the trailer in my country Sad Pity as this is one of the series I am completely willing to import. Sad
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:07 am Reply with quote
Aniplex of America needs to hire an American. Not an Aniplex Inc. Japanese that lives in LA part-time, but a full fledged, English speaking, college grad that has an expertise in marketing. Just one. It would make a world of difference.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:13 am Reply with quote
You mean like yourself, Luffy Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Veers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:04 am Reply with quote
The trailer is functional as a troll trailer, just like it was in Japan. I have my doubts whether or not such a trailer would be effective for anyone outside of the existing fanbase in America--it might attract a few people who fall for the troll and want a more typical MG show, but I'd imagine most people who really would enjoy the show for what it really is might see the trailer and not even give it a chance because of what it seems like. Some Japanese people reacted the same way.

LagannImpact wrote:
That would likely hook the Bleach-heads who are already ready for a dose of moe, but not for the amount given in that trailer!
I don't mean to imply that if you like Bleach you can't like Madoka, because I'm sure there are plenty of people who enjoy both, but do you really think NA "Bleach-heads" are the target audience for Madoka?

luffypirate85 wrote:
Aniplex of America needs to hire an American. Not an Aniplex Inc. Japanese that lives in LA part-time, but a full fledged, English speaking, college grad that has an expertise in marketing. Just one. It would make a world of difference.
Yeah, it wouldn't hurt. The subtitles on the trailer looked fine, but that six line "description" is just... really awkward, even if you know what it's going for.
BOMHAT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:32 am Reply with quote
this trailer was the best they could have done. they integrated all the original trailers into this so it still kept that deceitful innocence. I was really worried that theyd screw up by trying to pump it up with excitement and horror. if they did that it would lost that feel which most fans fell in love with. but why has there been no movement on bakemonogatari?! I'm already buying all the mado magi BDs from japan so I'm less excited about this particular series...

and the dubs are going to be hilarious.
oh i can't wait to traumatize all the little children
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4