• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shonen Jump

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silva

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:22 am Reply with quote
Do any of you out there actually subscribe to Shonen Jump? Anyway, they're going to have the Rurouni Kenshin manga in November in their mag. Very Happy Also, I've found something very needed in the magazine that they don't have. Ok, um, you know how they have an anime section and all that? Well, they should also add a little column in there that lists the schedule of various upcoming anime and/or manga conventions, shouldn't they? I mean, wouldn't people want to know? Many other mags such as New Type and Animerica list many events happening dealing with anime and manga, and people like to know stuff about it i think. So, I first want to hear your opinion on Shonen Jump, and then let me know what you think of my idea of adding a schedule of upcoming events associated with manga and anime. Thanks! Wink
Shorty22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:24 pm Reply with quote
According to this article, Rurouni Kenshin is NOT being put into Shonen Jump. It's coming out in graphic novels. Hikaru no Go is the new manga to be featured in Shonen Jump, starting with their January issue.

I'm pretty sure that nothing has changed since then... Confused
psylocke9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Uhm...that article is news to me...because Shonene Jump has been saying for the past few issues that it's going to be running Rurouni Kenshin when SandLand ends...I think I'll trust what they say. Very Happy

I love Shonen Jump, though. I'm so happy they introduced me to Naruto and Shaman King. It's HUGE, and it's pretty cost efficient (especially if you subscribe)! I can't wait to get my next issue.
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:45 pm Reply with quote
In one of the issues it does say that they aren't going to run rurouni kenshin but they keep showing things on them and it makes you think and get confused. Anyway shonen jump has got to be by far the best Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:53 pm Reply with quote
They're going to run the first chapter of Kenshin in Jump and put the rest in TPB form.
Izlude

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:54 pm Reply with quote
It was never stated in Shonen Jump that Rurouni Kenshin would be running in it after Sand Land, all that was said that there would be a preview of it, and that the first volume would be released in October in graphic novel format.

Hikaru No Go is replacing Sand Land, what that article Shorty posted is true.

Besides, I'd rather go out every 2 months and pay 7.95 for about 7-9 chapters worth of Kenshin.
Nuriko-chan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I subscribe to jump^^. I just wish I could've gotten into anime soon enough to get a relitavely early issue of Animerica Extra and collect it. *coughFushigiYuugicough*

Yeah, Hikaru no Go is the new manga. Too bad SandLand is so short...I loved it. I wish it wern't Hikaru no Go, though. I mean, it sounds okay, but there are so any things I'd rather read. Shouldn't have said that. Now, when Hikaru no Go shows up, it'll wind up my favorite and everyone will laugh at me for saying I thought I'd hate it... Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
psylocke9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Hmph, guess I wrong then. I'll have to invest in my reading skills, I suppose. Embarassed

Too bad Rurouni Kenshin isn't running...I'll have to buy the Manga graphic novels now. Smile
CombatSushi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:58 am Reply with quote
I'll be getting the Kenshin graphic novels.............but I have no money........ Crying or Very sad
che_guevara

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Hikaru No Go is going to be the new manga in Shonen Jump. However, this month's issue had a preview of Rurouni Kenshin. I believe the nexr one will continue the preview... Anyway.

I subscribe to Shonen Jump, but I think the manga they have is pretty average. SJ doesn't have any true masterpieces.

I think the reason why they don't hve a convention list is that they're not trying to sell Shonen JUmp to the elite "otaku". They're trying to make it more of an American pop culture thing, like American comics, without appealing to a very small portion of the population.
Kanna no Mai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy that Rurouni Kenshin is in graphic novels.

Now for Hikaru no Go, I would have to wait until it comes to graphic novels. I don't like collecting Shonen Jump because they have Yu-Gi-Oh and Dragonball Z, and I hate those 2
Moal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:31 pm Reply with quote
I have no real problem with Shonen Jump. I can read the magazine's stories front to back but that's just me. But I do think that collecting the graphic novels are much better.
Shorty22

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Well, I must agree that graphic novels are better because the story isn't separated into 2-3 section chunks like in a magazine, but I'm pretty certain everyone could agree on that.

However, the magazine is cheaper overall, so that's my driving force to get it. ^-^;
psylocke9

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm not a fan of DBZ at ALL (thank God there's no DBGT manga), but I read all of Shonen Jump anyway. I guess I don't hate DBZ enough to just not read it if it's already coming packaged with other manga I do like. *gets dizzy and falls from the confusion of that sentence*
che_guevara

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:50 pm Reply with quote
There are some manga that I don't like *intensely* enough to buy the graphic novels, but I wouldn't mind reading. Like Yu Yu Hakusho and Sandland. That's why I read Shonen Jump. I can buy other graphic novels, and since Shonen Jump is cheaper, and gives 7 different titles...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3