• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: K-ON! Anime Film's Full Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:52 pm Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
innerchihiro wrote:
OMG this movie looks so good.

Even if you don't know or like the K-ON! universe, it's still pretty exciting to see Kyoto Animation use London as a backdrop. I'm quite familiar with the scenery there, so it's definitely exciting to recognize places in the background.

But K-ON! is goodness anyway. Very Happy

The trailer looks like it just showed the same generic scenery we've seen a thousand times before when a series moves to London.

"Oh, It's a movie in London? Well, gotta show Big Ben then, also don't forget to have the characters walk across Abbey Road".
It's the same if it were NY, or Washington DC, or any other big city, each of which has it's own iconic landmark or skyline that would identify it without signs.
superunature

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:52 pm Reply with quote
new songs, very cool
looks like the movie will go like this based on the trailer

spoiler[last few days prior to graduation=>graduation=>celebration/discussion of where to go => depart for London, England => small plot/conflict => happy ending]

really looking forward to the new songs Razz
as well as hopefully a season 3 in the year 201x
boredandlazy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:00 pm Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
innerchihiro wrote:
OMG this movie looks so good.

Even if you don't know or like the K-ON! universe, it's still pretty exciting to see Kyoto Animation use London as a backdrop. I'm quite familiar with the scenery there, so it's definitely exciting to recognize places in the background.

But K-ON! is goodness anyway. Very Happy

The trailer looks like it just showed the same generic scenery we've seen a thousand times before when a series moves to London.

"Oh, It's a movie in London? Well, gotta show Big Ben then, also don't forget to have the characters walk across Abbey Road".

Well what would you prefer? The girls walking around Manchester whilst riots are going on?

Actually, forget I asked that question...
Anymouse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:24 am Reply with quote
That would be insanely cool. But I think only a parody would be allowed to do that.
NeumanProductions

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:05 am Reply with quote
I feel as though this is one of the movies that should get its dub and release in select theater's. I mean, Yugioh got one for both its movies so why not for the popularity that is K-ON!
I feel this could do better than those two anyways, and I actually play the card game. Laughing
Reyoyon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:46 am Reply with quote
Awesome! !

K-ON! yeaaa...
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:49 am Reply with quote
boredandlazy wrote:

Well what would you prefer? The girls walking around Manchester whilst riots are going on?

Can we have a 28 Days Later/K-ON! crossover? If it started out nicely enough, then turns into absolute chaos, becoming a survival-horror genre movie, I'd be far more likely to enjoy it. Will any of them get out alive?
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:55 pm Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:
boredandlazy wrote:

Can we have a 28 Days Later/K-ON! crossover? If it started out nicely enough, then turns into absolute chaos, becoming a survival-horror genre movie, I'd be far more likely to enjoy it. Will any of them get out alive?
Lets go even further were Tsumugi is caught on CCTV looting a Selfridge's and has to go to court where she gets convicted and sent to Holloway for 4 years. Wink
superunature

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
hissatsu01 wrote:
boredandlazy wrote:

Lets go even further were Tsumugi is caught on CCTV looting a Selfridge's and has to go to court where she gets convicted and sent to Holloway for 4 years. Wink

and she only participate because she wants to practice of becoming a commoner Razz
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:03 pm Reply with quote
NeumanProductions wrote:
I feel as though this is one of the movies that should get its dub and release in select theater's. I mean, Yugioh got one for both its movies so why not for the popularity that is K-ON!
I feel this could do better than those two anyways, and I actually play the card game. Laughing

I'm pretty sure Yu-gi-Oh was way more popular in America than K-On.

hissatsu01 wrote:
boredandlazy wrote:

I'd see that Day of. I'd even pay for the 3D version, if it existed. (Since this series', mission statement seems to be "let's gas our fans of as much money as possible, with extremely overpriced crap", I'm surprised there's not one)
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Japanese otaku have already pinpointed the bench they sat on in the poster.

I wonder how many are going to come and tour the place and treat it as a holy site....
NeumanProductions

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:52 pm Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
NeumanProductions wrote:

Ah but you have to admit, K-On does have a large sense of popularity in America through the more anime fanbase. Yu-Gi-Oh itself was popularized by 4kids just like Pokemon was where it has become more centered around children's television then the more anime crowd which is the teens through lower 30's who can afford movies without using an allowance.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:14 am Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:
boredandlazy wrote:

Speaking of K-ON! crossovers, the one I truly wish to see is K-On!/The Monkees.
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:17 pm Reply with quote
NeumanProductions wrote:
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
NeumanProductions wrote:

Ah but you have to admit, K-On does have a large sense of popularity in America through the more anime fanbase. Yu-Gi-Oh itself was popularized by 4kids just like Pokemon was where it has become more centered around children's television then the more anime crowd which is the teens through lower 30's who can afford movies without using an allowance.

Sio, what you're saying is, that Yu-gi-Oh was way more popular in America than K-On.
NeumanProductions

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:22 pm Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
NeumanProductions wrote:
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
NeumanProductions wrote:
I feel as though this is one of the movies that should get its dub and release in select theater's. I mean, Yugioh got one for both its movies so why not for the popularity that is K-ON! I feel this could do better than those two anyways, and I actually play the card game. Laughing

Sio, what you're saying is, that Yu-gi-Oh was way more popular in America than K-On.

I'm an anime fan, not a 4kids fan, so sure you can say that more people know of Yu-gi-Oh because of the TCG itself and 4kids pressure with the series. However, on a anime fans standpoint you'll hear more people comment about K-On then Yu-gi-Oh unless they are mentioning the card game. (I blaim LittleKuriboh as well for that.)

But last I checked a TCG and anime are different. So K-On gets the anime vote.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3