• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Woman Arrested for Falsely Selling K-On!! Concert Tickets

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Running Wild

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:02 pm Reply with quote
18 year old male... that wanted to go to a K-On Concert?

Son.

I am disappoint.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:03 pm Reply with quote
And here is "rare" video of her failing in Detroit of a similar scam.

http://youtu.be/pgLpCV8Kyr8?t=7m30s
Echo_City

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Running Wild wrote:

Son.

I am disappoint.
My thoughts exactly. I'm going to hold out hope, thin hope, that he was buying them to gift to someone else.

This scam is pretty low-key in terms of how much cash it gleaned, and in how it was enacted. Nigerian spammers and Craigslist vehicle shipping scams are more believable than this. I'm not sure why this disappoints me, but I am underwhelmed by this scammer.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Running Wild wrote:

Son.

I am disappoint.

How dare people do what they enjoy to do.

The nerve of some people!
Echo_City

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:59 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Running Wild wrote:

Son.

I am disappoint.

How dare people do what they enjoy to do.

The nerve of some people!
Need we go down the slippery slope with that reactionist post and mention that without bounding your statement it supports the socially undesirable activities of those such as pedophiles and people who murder for pleasure?

If we do, then I respond with: Yes, how dare they. Rolling Eyes

More seriously, I thought the only appeal to K-On! was the quasi-pedophilic one derived from the hyper-cute antics of the underage moe-blob main characters. That's something which the concert won't have. I can't wrap my brain around actually liking the K-On! HTT songs without the moe appeal to distract from the utter crap that is their music. To put it mildly. Very Happy
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
More seriously, I thought the only appeal to K-On! was the quasi-pedophilic one derived from the hyper-cute antics of the underage moe-blob main characters. That's something which the concert won't have. I can't wrap my brain around actually liking the K-On! HTT songs without the moe appeal to distract from the utter crap that is their music. To put it mildly. Very Happy

Some people like surreal-cute antics of real people performing as cartoon characters. Is it really THAT hard to wrap your brain around that? *Think Sakara-Con but the original idea at an actual concert hall*
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:22 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
Some people like surreal-cute antics of real people performing as cartoon characters. Is it really THAT hard to wrap your brain around that?

Actually yes, there are an amusing amount of people in this world who cannot seem to comprehend that their tastes will not reflect everyone else's tastes in the world. I detest broccoli casserole, for example, but I'm not really confused as to why my sister likes it. Different strokes for different people.

Also, obligatory "anyone who tries to argue that K-On! fans are automatically pedophiles/borderline has to concede that by that logic Grand Theft Auto fans are automatically serial killers/borderline psychopaths" remark. Rolling Eyes
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Has there ever been a crime reported on here where the offender wasn't unemployed?
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:

-"Underage characters"-, "quasi-pedophilic"? The 18-year old buyer is pretty much an exact contemporary of the K-On girls, who graduated from high school about a year ago in the anime, isn't he? I think he should be forgiven for enjoying the pop music of what would have been his classmates, even though pop music went to ruin with the arrival of disco back in the late '70s.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
Running Wild wrote:

Son.

I am disappoint.
My thoughts exactly. I'm going to hold out hope, thin hope, that he was buying them to gift to someone else.

I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he may have bought the tickets for his sister or maybe his girlfriend so they could go together or something.

But in the end, it's his money, so even if he did buy the tickets for himself, at least he is supporting the anime industry, in some way.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Really don't know why people have to trash K-On!! fans. Most K-On!! fans don't have shrines to the characters, or think that they are their personal virtual girlfriends.

It is also highly insulting to equate K-On!! fandom to criminal activity.

Buying a concert ticket to listen to the voice actresses and hear K-On!! music, shouldn't get you tarred and feathered.

I love listening to the music and songs from many anime, even shows I don't personally like. I see nothing wrong in watching K-On!! or listening to its music.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Just so ya know, almost all of the bashing of K-ON in this thread is smothered in sarcasm.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:20 pm Reply with quote
going to K-on concert is better than download anime illegally at home. K-on concert, i'm pretty sure the chickes who will be singing are 18+.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:23 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Just so ya know, almost all of the bashing of K-ON in this thread is smothered in sarcasm.

Just to point this out there, mine isn't smothered in sarcasm. Like I said in my post, in the end, it was his money. That said, it's his call what he does with it.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:47 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

Buying a concert ticket to listen to the voice actresses and hear K-On!! music, shouldn't get you tarred and feathered.

Pish-posh! That's like saying a concert ticket to Bieber music shouldn't get you tarred and feathered. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2