• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tales of Symphonia.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Porcupine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the reference but I just checked Wikipedia and it doesn't say anything like what you just described.

The Wikipedia article for the most part echoes the same information and sentiments (uncertainty) that I wrote above.

On the other hand, I didn't realize a sequel for this game was coming out until I read that article, so thanks. The sequel looks pretty lousy though. Although I enjoyed the game overall I don't think it really deserved a sequel, the second half of the storyline in the game degenerated into a lecture on the evils of discrimination, and the sequel looks to be continuing that theme. The graphics look awful too, maybe even worse than the original's from early screenshots.
Pityless/Envy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Porcupine wrote:
Thanks for the reference but I just checked Wikipedia and it doesn't say anything like what you just described.

The Wikipedia article for the most part echoes the same information and sentiments (uncertainty) that I wrote above.

On the other hand, I didn't realize a sequel for this game was coming out until I read that article, so thanks. The sequel looks pretty lousy though. Although I enjoyed the game overall I don't think it really deserved a sequel, the second half of the storyline in the game degenerated into a lecture on the evils of discrimination, and the sequel looks to be continuing that theme. The graphics look awful too, maybe even worse than the original's from early screenshots.

You were likely reading the wrong article.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Symphonia:_The_Animation

As for the sequel, I think the graphics (at least the character models) are a nice update from the previous game. It probably won't be any good, but I'll buy it just out of my love for the first game.
Porcupine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:12 pm Reply with quote
The character models were what I disliked, but hopefully they are only an early version and the final version will be better. Especially on that Wikipedia pic of the animal/dog/badguy-wolf-thing you can see that the graphics and polygon detail is not even any better than the original game which is years old.

You were right I was looking at the wrong article. However, when I read your that other article, it lists absolutely NO sources nor any references backing up the statement that there are going to be 8 episodes. I would remind you that Wikipedia is not always a reliable source of information and any random person such as you or I could send them misinformation and they would put it up (until someone reports the misinformation).

The article I was looking at actually has more detailed information on the status of the anime, and describes sources and what's been announced and what has not.

Hmm, this might be a good time to try to report something to Wikipedia. I've never tried before, wonder if it will do anything....

LOL, I just edited and removed that pseudo-misinformation. There is actually a lengthy discussion on that issue in the "Discussion" tab of your article. Apparently many users have been both discussing the issue and changing the episode count information back-and-forth in a silly war, which I've now contributed to. I guess if it goes on too much longer someone will lock the article.

In any case at the very least questionable information like that has to be reported with sources, which it isn't. The "sources", as being discussed in the Wikipedia Discussion forum thing, are also questionable.
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Porcupine wrote:
It's too bad iwatch2muchanime is not here anymore.

You'll find him in the G4 forums if you're brave enough to go there. Wink
highlygifted

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:21 am Reply with quote
They could've turned this into an anime, if they really wanted to. There is enough content, story wise alone, for a 26 episode series. If you throw in the side quests, skits, and minor things, it could either make the 26 episodes much better, extend further into 30's, or even be decent OVA's after the series is done. I think OVA's were a poor choice, and left too many things out.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:31 am Reply with quote
highlygifted wrote:
They could've turned this into an anime, if they really wanted to. There is enough content, story wise alone, for a 26 episode series. If you throw in the side quests, skits, and minor things, it could either make the 26 episodes much better, extend further into 30's, or even be decent OVA's after the series is done. I think OVA's were a poor choice, and left too many things out.

I'm not sure what you mean by "They could've turned this into an anime, if they really wanted to. " They did turn it into an anime.
blizeH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Sorry to bump this old thread, but is there any news of them releasing more episodes to finish the story?
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:34 pm Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:
highlygifted wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by "They could've turned this into an anime, if they really wanted to. " They did turn it into an anime.
The clearify on what samuraiwalt meant was,I think he means that they could have made tales of symphonia a typical tv series instead of a direct to video OVA like they did with Tales of Eternia,but however,Eternia got a weak tv series adaption compared to the manga,because while the manga of Eternia followed more of the game,the anime created a filler-only story,but anyway,what he meant on symphonia,they could have made it a typical 26 episode tv series like Madlax,.Hack//sign,ect instead of an OVA like gunbuster,diebuster or Iczer-one,because a tv series format does a better(almost) somewhat job filling in lots of voids to adapt a game much as possible,for example,Sonic X and Kirby tried to attempt this but failed misserably.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2