• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RE: Fall 2k3 Preview

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:03 pm Reply with quote
I don't know about hating a show because it veers off the manga... sometimes it's interesting to see different interpretations and things done differently. I know several people who liked the differences between the manga and the anime for Chobits. The Hikaru no Go manga and anime were so consistent with each other that you could practically interchange them and lose no story continuity.

It's much like saying the anime has no merit because it doesn't follow the manga, and that those working on the anime are basically no talent hacks with nothing better to do. My advice? (For what it's worth) See if the differences are actually detrimental to the plot instead, and if they aren't, enjoy it for what it offers. Although 90% of the time, I perfer the manga version, I usually find it very difficult to dislike the anime versions because I enjoy seeing how others interpret the characters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
vandalthorne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I agree with the above sentiment. I'm thuroughly enjoying the differences between the manga and anime renditions of Samurai Deeper Kyo.
isaacada1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Here's a site with links to most of the shows.
http://www.geocities.com/yunaffx2001/octdec.htm
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:05 am Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
I don't know about hating a show because it veers off the manga... sometimes it's interesting to see different interpretations and things done differently. I know several people who liked the differences between the manga and the anime for Chobits.

What's interesting about the differences with Chobits is that, although CLAMP didn't have as much involvement with the Anime as they have with others, in an interview Nanase Ohkawa said that she did write the scripts for the first and last epsiodes, so you can view it as two alternate endings to the same story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5