• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ignatz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:18 am Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
@Ignatz: I know you'll dislike me now, but not everyone plays clarinet on a high level, so I find that very interesting Wink. Do you play in some kind of orchestra too?

Welcome to the forum Smile.

I've been playing clarinet since 8 years old, so I'm quite good at it. I play in my school's orchestra. We sometimes play in our city's philharmonic. The last time was during the Christmas festival - we played Franz Schubert's Unfinished Symphony first movement (00:00 - 14:50). It was amazing! Smile

Last edited by Ignatz on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:17 am; edited 13 times in total
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:23 am Reply with quote
It's nice to see a fellow musician. I also play clarinet, but to nowhere near your level Wink Good luck getting a job as a musician and welcome to the forum Smile
Ignatz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:54 am Reply with quote
Is it a coincidence that both of you have Shizuku Mizutani as your avatar? Laughing

Anyway, thanks for the welcome. Smile
A Mystery

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:13 am Reply with quote
I saw more people having one, because Shizuku had some fun expressions during the show. I just thought I'd pick a picture that goes with my username and comes from a series I like.

Or are we really long lost twin sisters?
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:36 am Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
Or are we really long lost twin sisters?

Hmm, let me see. st_owly's Avatar is Shizuku cutely munching on something with an adorable expression on her face. Your Avatar is Shizuku being an undead nurse with a creepy-as glare. I'd say if the two of you are twins then you must be the evil one. But don't despair, it could be worse. There are plenty of guys into that sort of thing.
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:39 am Reply with quote
I just thought that particular image of Shizuku was too funny to pass up, so it became my avatar. I think I was the first to have a Shizuku avatar, as that picture is from the 1st episode. Maybe we are in fact long lost twins. Who knows?
Ignatz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:18 am Reply with quote
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:23 am Reply with quote
Your dog is a sweetie <3 what kind is he?
Ignatz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quote
Cane Corso. Also, it's she, not he. Wink

Last edited by Ignatz on Fri May 09, 2014 6:27 am; edited 3 times in total
FloruOtaku

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:25 am Reply with quote
I've been wanting to get involved with the forum for a few weeks now since I created my account, BUT... that didn't quite work out with my schedule Anime smallmouth;. Any who, if anyone could give me the general dos and don't of the community, maybe even give me your general opinion of the community, that would be awesome! Looken forward to seeing how it all pans out! X3
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:36 am Reply with quote
FloruOtaku wrote:
I've been wanting to get involved with the forum for a few weeks now since I created my account, BUT... that didn't quite work out with my schedule Anime smallmouth;. Any who, if anyone could give me the general dos and don't of the community, maybe even give me your general opinion of the community, that would be awesome! Looken forward to seeing how it all pans out! X3

teh rules

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31
cydarius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Name: Cydarius (I don't want to give my full-name, which consider to be part of identity theft)

Sex: Male

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Caucasian (1/4 Irish, 1/4 French, 1/4 Dannish, and 1/4 lithuanian)

Religion: Catholic

Pets: One Cat (Black with white fur on chin and paws) and One dog(diamond-germen shepherd..what chya mac called it)

Drink/Smoke: Sometimes drinks and never smokes.

Likes: Anime, Manga, Video Games, 2-D Girls, Warhammer 40k, Airsoft, Hockey, Music

Dislikes: Those who are acting bunch of Arrogant-breed-of-Neanderthals

Favorite anime: Hellsing Ultimate, Bleach, Ghost in the Shell, Vampire Hunter D : Bloodlust, Trigun, Mardock Scramble, Highschool of the Dead, Afro Samurai, Ninja Scroll, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Dragon Ball Z, Full Metal Panic, Devil May Cry, Record of the Lodoss Wars, Black Lagoon, Street Fighter II the animated movie, and Sora no Otoshimono.

Favorite Manga: Berserk, Claymore, Drifters, Bleach, Brave 10, Kuroshitsuji, and any romantic-comedy makes me laugh by making my bladder explode.

Favorite Books: The Hobbit and Redwall.

Favorite games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Saints Row series, Halo series, Dead Space series, SKYRIM, Pokemon, Borderlands series, Super Smash Bros, Mortal Kombat, Super Mario Sunshine, Soul Calibur series, Gears of War series, Fable series, Marvel Vs Capcom 3, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare series

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Game of Thrones, all of Jason Straham adrenaline-pump movies, Trailer Park Boys, The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Transformers, Todd Mcfarlane's Spawn series, Riddick

Favorite Drink: Rum & Coke

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Monster Energy, nestle-home-made Mocha coffee(more into it)

Favorite Foods: Sushi Rolls and Fish & Chips

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Deviantart, Games-Workshop, Amazon, Wikipedia, and Netflix

Favorite Sport (to watch): Always watching my local hockey team Canucks in action

Favorite Sport (to play): Hockey

Favorite Music: Rock, Nu-metal, Blues Rock, and (only a type of music keep my mind at ease when doing painting) Folk-music

Job: Senoir Operator that fills the soap products

Hobbies: Warhammer 40k miniature painting and tabletop gaming, Video games, net browsing, and chatting

Fun facts about Cydarius:
Attends at Nickelback's All the Wrong Reasons tour Concert, travels in and back from Vancouver Island (sometimes), around age of 6 learned skiiing at Big White

Favorite Quotes:

"The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame" from Hellsing series.

"All around the Sta-actus plant, the stalker chased the bandit, the stalker thought 'twas all in fun - POP! Goes the bandit!" - Tiny Tina from Borderlands 2.

Black Lagoon
Dutch: We've been hired by an antique collector in Spain, and this guy's hobby happens to be collecting Nazi artwork.
Revy: That's a pretty f-ed up hobby.

"I know who I am...I'ma dude, playin a dude, disguises as another dude" Kirk Lazerus(played by Robert Downey Jr) from Tropic Thunder.

Pictures:

Well I got bunch of my line of hobby work at http://cydarius.deviantart.com/

Also, I have a bunch of my lllaaaddiiess there. For those that doesn't have access through(which is rated Mature), here's alternative
(which it is a very small pic but it's worth it) http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/f/2013/037/5/7/commission__cydarius_harems_by_jadenkaiba-d5u30t4.png
17th_angel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Hey! I'm new here so I figured this could be a good intro post.

Name: Tabris

Sex: Female

Marital Status: Have a boyfriend

Ethnicity: 1/4 Hungarian, 3/4 British

Religion: none

Pets: None.

Drink/Smoke: Both. Though I've mostly switched to nicotine patches/gum. (Quitting sucks. If I could go back and kick my 18-year-old self buying my first pack I would.)

Likes: Video games, anime, books, cake batter flavored ice cream, DIY crafty stuff, videos of people getting scared (though I can't stand being scared myself).

Dislikes: Stairs. I have a semi-irrational fear of falling down them.

Favorite anime: Evangelion, FLCL, Kimi ni Todoke, Serial Experiments Lain, Cowboy Bebop, Paranoia Agent, Haibane Renmei, Lucky Star.

Favorite Manga: Yotsuba&!, Paradise Kiss, Ranma 1/2, Saikano, Nana, Video Girl Ai.

Favorite Books: Most Haruki Murakami books (haven't liked the recent stuff as much), The Three Musketeers, The Picture of Dorian Gray, The Princess Bride, Inkheart series, High Fidelity.

Favorite games: Portal, Rez, Soul Calibur series, Galaga, Journey, God of War series, Pac Man Championship DX.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Casablanca, The Usual Suspects, Hercules (amazingly underrated), Beauty and the Beast, The Big Lebowski, Ponyo, Densha Otoko, Game of Thrones, Parks and Rec, Community, Downton Abbey, Babylon 5, Firefly.

Favorite Drink: I'm not much of a liquor drinker, so I'm happy with beer or wine.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coke Zero or the blue Monster.

Favorite Foods: White pizza, apple pie.

Favorite Sites: Polygon, Giant Bomb, this one!

Favorite Sport (to watch): Football and baseball (though baseball is really much more fun at the stadium than on TV).

Favorite Sport (to play): Baseball (well, batting cages at least), kickball, laser tag (if that counts).

Favorite Music: I'm really eclectic when it comes to music, I'm fine with most types. Favorite bands would be Cake, Pixies, Arctic Monkeys, a lot of 60s pop... Will Smith...

Job: Wardrobe Supervisor

Hobbies: Costuming, crafting, video games, reading, museum visiting.

Fun facts about 17th_angel:
I'm a pretty eclectic person. My interests range from pretty much all things geeky (anime, video games, sci-fi/fantasy), to literature, science, sports, cooking, and on and on.
I was raised to be a nerd by my father. I was brought along to his weekly D&D games from when I was an infant and he exposed me to comics, video games, and all kinds of sci-fi/fantasy stuff. He started taking me to conventions with him when I was 12.

Nice to meet all of you!
Tris8

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to the foris FloruOtaku, cydarius, and 17th_angel!

FloruOtaku wrote:
Any who, if anyone could give me the general dos and don't of the community, maybe even give me your general opinion of the community, that would be awesome!
My general opinion of the community here at ANN is that it is awesome. It's a great place to have in-depth discussions and the absolute best place to find and discuss the latest anime news. One of my favorite parts of this forum are the Tournaments it organizes, as it brings to light great series I was unaware of and it's really fun to contrast different characters/series strengths. Right now the Most Improved character tournament is being held.

cydarius wrote:
High five! Have you seen the recent Hobbit movie? What did you think of it?

17th_angel wrote:
Favorite anime: Evangelion, FLCL, Kimi ni Todoke, Serial Experiments Lain, Cowboy Bebop, Paranoia Agent, Haibane Renmei, Lucky Star.
All of those (except Paranoia Agent which I haven't seen, I need to get on that) are favorites of mine as well. I watched Kimi ni Todoke for the first time recently and loved it. You can probably tell from my avatar Anime hyper
cydarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Tris8 wrote:
cydarius wrote:
High five! Have you seen the recent Hobbit movie? What did you think of it?

I did watch it shortly after when its release in theaters. It's enjoyable, that makes me want to watch it again. When I watch trailers of it, I had this feeling that I was already gone back around a decade when the Fellowship of the Ring film first came out in theaters(with some original cast and same music artist). I find that this movie have some difference, but more than the book itself. I was lookin forward to see the next one. Since there's three hobbit film acts(more than callin it chapters), definitely still have that past-shifting feeling.

If anymore u(or anyone else) wish to know more(mostly about me), let me know.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 176 of 233