• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Intermixi Japan Tours Website Up

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:24 pm Reply with quote
i guess this is to kick me and let me know that I really need to go to Japan now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Akasan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:15 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
i guess this is to kick me and let me know that I really need to go to Japan now.

Kick! Kick!
daxomni

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:02 am Reply with quote
Akasan wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:

Kick! Kick!

Cute, but here's a slightly more serious question for Mr. Lew. I've visited abroad in both Asia and Europe without ever making use of any tour agencies. In fact I just recently booked a couple days in Tokyo for next week without any hassle. It was quick and simple to setup the flights and the hotel arrangements right from my home just like it's always been. Sure, back when I was just a little boy flying home from Grandma's house we had to visit a travel agent to secure the tickets we wanted, but now that we live in the internet age where even international purchases are a piece of cake, what can I expect to gain from going through your tour agency that I can't get on my own? When I look at pre-planned tours I tend to get concerned because I'm locking myself into specific dates that don't always end up meshing well with my work schedule. When I book alone I can pick any day of the year without issue and if I need to change my dates I only have to pay a couple hundred dollars in change fees instead of losing my deposit outright.
Akasan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:13 pm Reply with quote
daxomni wrote:
Akasan wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:

Kick! Kick!

Cute, but here's a slightly more serious question for Mr. Lew. I've visited abroad in both Asia and Europe without ever making use of any tour agencies. In fact I just recently booked a couple days in Tokyo for next week without any hassle. It was quick and simple to setup the flights and the hotel arrangements right from my home just like it's always been. Sure, back when I was just a little boy flying home from Grandma's house we had to visit a travel agent to secure the tickets we wanted, but now that we live in the internet age where even international purchases are a piece of cake, what can I expect to gain from going through your tour agency that I can't get on my own? When I look at pre-planned tours I tend to get concerned because I'm locking myself into specific dates that don't always end up meshing well with my work schedule. When I book alone I can pick any day of the year without issue and if I need to change my dates I only have to pay a couple hundred dollars in change fees instead of losing my deposit outright.

Great Question... In fact I don't think anyone has ever asked me that before. (Although I feel the same way occasionally, as being experience and independant.)

Well, I'll be straight forward and give you an honest answer. Catered tours are not always for the intermediate independent type. In my experience and with the type of tour I'm doing, Intermixi is here for the casual traveler looking to sit back and relax and let someone else worry about getting to places on time and such.

You know that "dad behind the wheel, with a map, hippack, water bottle and two watches for time zones, sweating bullets"? That's the kinda guy I'm trying to make traveling easier for.

I'm not sure about the other packaged tours, (other than the PJT thing I put together) but there's the exclusivity of being connected to certain genres in the industry.

The "Ultimate Akiba Experience" with Akibanana is one deal and in time I'm been working on more packages to come. "Climbing Mt. Fuiji" "Performing at a Japan live house" Or how about just simply "living" in a house in Osaka for 3-4 weeks?

I'm also trying to tie something up with Afro Samurai in Kyoto with nothing but a backpack to your name.

Regarding the price, I'm sure there's ways to do it cheaper and you can book online, but you have to be very cautious about who your doing it with. Your'e correct, with the Pricelines and Expedias most travel agencies have gotten worried of out of business. But the ones with the real pull for group discounts are the guys I'm working with.

That and a joint venture with S.T.A.R. Labs and Nerv for teleportation....

Most importantly, I have seen dozens of friendships blossom from this tours. I think that's the biggest gift you can take back home with you. This is better explained with Joe's Documentary.

Hope I got all your questions...

Mr. Aka Lew
Intermixi Japan Tours
www.intermixi.com
[email protected]
p: 310 237 - MIXI (6494)
f: 310 300 - 0633
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1