• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code-E (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:13 am Reply with quote

Code-E

Genres: comedy, drama, romance, supernatural
Themes: meganekko, superpowers

Plot Summary: Chinami Ebihara is girl with a strange ability to generate electromagnetic waves when her emotions run high. However, since this 'ability' affects anything electrical, it resulted in her having to transfer from school to school when she was younger. As Chinami, now 18 years of age, transfers to a new school, she once again affects the electronic devices in the school, but this time, when another student, Kotaro Kannagi, sees her do this, he becomes obsessed in studying her "TYPE-E" ability.
----------------------------------

An original production by Studio DEEN, Code-E is a rather unconventional slow-moving series that focuses on a girl and her certain "ability" which inconveniences her and hinders her daily life. The first episode caught me pleasantly by surprise, since I was expecting a fast-paced action series, and instead got a rather slow-moving seemingly-plotless atmospheric episode which slowly and surely showcases the setting, as well as provide a nice introduction as to what's going on with main character Chinami. The combination of the series' pleasant animation, relaxing music, and slow deliberate storytelling really gave me a good feel of what Chinami is going through, how her pain affects her and those around her, and what her new community is like. As of Episode 2, the series has a massive amount of potential and can go literally in any direction, and already provides a very interesting concept without diving into any of the conventional cliches.
quikbeam1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:50 pm Reply with quote
I just finished watching Code-E and i am wondering why it was ended on episode 12. the end of episode 12 is a completely open ending, and really leaves it open for a second season. So i was wondering, does anyone know if this show will have a second Season or a series of OVAs for it?
roflcopter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:00 pm Reply with quote
It looks like there haven't been any official announcements of a second season, but it stills appears to be a possibility. Just keep your eyes open, as it wouldn't be too surprising if another season was announced.
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:31 pm Reply with quote
I never really got to watching it. It's probably because the idea of some girl having the power to generate electromagnetic waves with her emotions just sounds silly and boring in my opinion. By the looks of the ratings it doesn't seem too popular. Also with the releases of sequels and new interesting anime next month, I wouldn't expect a 2nd season for this show anytime soon.
quikbeam1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:40 am Reply with quote
it just seems like the ending was just a kind of cliffhanger for another release and i think that if they were to just end Code-E with episode 12 it would be an incredible waste of what could be a good show. it also seems like the story was just getting started after 12 episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1