• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Licenses Moonlight Mile, Venus Versus Virus, Jing OAVs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:25 pm Reply with quote
*screams in more joy* I can finnaly own King of Banidt Jing OVAs!
Now...as long as they go dig up Joey Hood i'll be all set.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
charlie_l

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, those are pretty boring announcements, at least to me. I was hoping for something bigger and more exciting to be announced by ADV. Maybe we will get that over the next couple of days.

Regarding the licensed anime..Venus Versus Virus was a pretty mediocre anime with generic characters, average animation, and a lame plot. Moonlight Mile is not bad IMO, but tries to hard to be more epic then it actually is. It has inconsistent animation as well. I can't comment on the other license since I haven't seen it.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:17 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:

My goodness, you're doing a lot of screaming in joy, between this and Ouran. You're going to be hoarse by the time Otakon is done. Very Happy

Hmm... none of these interest me too much, but that's because I haven't heard of any of these. Looks like it's encyclopedia time.

Wishful thinking includes Claymore, Hayate, and Honey and Clover (and I wish to god somebody would license Yakitate, but that doesn't look very good as it gets older and older...).
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Just when I was figuring everyone had forgotten Jing. Yeah!

They have a panel scheduled for 4:30 on Saturday 7/28 at Comic-con. They have to save somethig for that one. Viz, on the other hand, have gone insame & have 4 or 5 panels scheduled for Comic-con (hogging all our time) One for Shonen Jump, one for Shojo Beat, one for general manga/anime, one for Naruto world come to mind
Zalis116

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Heh, I can imagine people being pissed about Moonlight Mile since there's one episode yet to be fansubbed, but I imagine it'll come out sooner or later.

I suppose it's good that they've gone back to get the Bandit Jing OVAs and complete the franchise, but...Elfen Lied OVA? Kino's Journey Ep #0 & Movie? Kaleido Star OVAs? (Layla Hamilton Story & Good da yo)
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:56 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:

My goodness, you're doing a lot of screaming in joy, between this and Ouran. You're going to be hoarse by the time Otakon is done. Very Happy

I'm surprised anyone noticed this. good eyes. Very Happy
Coupled with me waiting in line for HP7 tonight is gonna be a wild one.

I think the Elfin Lied OVA would be a great add. This says the frist of their otakon licenses...they're going to have more?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HellKorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Moonlight Mile was really good...

Er, did it suddenly jump up to insane high-quality storytelling? I actually enjoyed the first episode, but then I noticed a pattern of either Goro or his American friend that somehow always end up saving whatever critical crisis that spells DOOM for all involved in every single freakin' episode, along with some kind of sex scene inserted in every (other) episode. Throw in a one dimensional with incredibly shoddy animation and badly integrated CGI and I'll have to take a pass on it.

Kagemusha said something about Moonlight Mile being the type of series that you'd see business men reading home on the train, and I'd have to agree. It's worth checking out if you've just gotta have everything sci-fi and just want some silliness, but it's far from realistic and doesn't have enough merits to set it apart from other anime out there.

... Well, that cynicism aside, I'm hoping that tomorrow (or whenever the other panel is) ADV announces something that I'm interested in. Perhaps the rest of the Kino's Journey franchise (which includes the recent movie in Japan) and Pale Cocoon? Hey, they're getting money from me for Gurren Lagann, Air TV, Le Chevalier D'Eon, Kurau: Phantom Memory, and Byousoku 5 Centimeter... I'm sure that they could stand to see some more green.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:29 pm Reply with quote
damn, there was only 1 more episode of Moonlight Mile left and they had to go and license it. Hopefully ADV will treat it better than Bandai did with Planetes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:27 pm Reply with quote
ZeroRyoko1974 wrote:
What? No Kanon license anouncement. Does ADV have any more panels, or were they just jerking our chain at AX.

You're acting like they said they were going announce the Kanon license here. The last I heard, they implied that they were waiting to see how Air did.

In any case, none of these licenses interest me. Maybe they'll announce something else I'm interested in tomorrow. At the moment, Utawarerumono and Air are the only titles they have currently or upcoming that I am interested in.
Ryusui

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:17 am Reply with quote
Jing. Jing. Jing. Jing. Jing. Jing. Jing. Jing. Jing. Jing. Jing. Jing. Jing...

It's been so freakin' long since ADV announced anything I was interested in, I had almost given up hope. Now, for their next act...maybe they'll buy all of Bandai Visual USA's properties and give them a proper treatment? A guy can dream, right?
Netstryke

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:07 am Reply with quote
Venus Versus Virus already picked up......

Woah! Shocked That was quick.

oh BTW...If you haven't heard the OP for Venus Versus Virus yet, Chect it out! It's a wicked tune.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:33 am Reply with quote
Netstryke wrote:
Venus Versus Virus already picked up......

Woah! Shocked That was quick.

oh BTW...If you haven't heard the OP for Venus Versus Virus yet, Chect it out! It's a wicked tune.

That and the ED song song are the only thing GOOD about the series. The rest is very bleh!
Kadamony

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Registered just to ask anyone who may know or can clarify: does ADV's license extend to the second season (-Touchdown-) of Moonlight Mile? It'd be a shame for them to grab up the title with no distro plans and then sit on the license while we sit and watch raws of season 2. Mad
starcade

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:41 pm Reply with quote
MJP wrote:
Air license + lack of Kanon = total failure.

No. Those two plus Funimation getting Ouran = total failure.

And here I thought them getting DMC might have them resembling a pulse.
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Kaleido Star OVAs? (Layla Hamilton Story & Good da yo)

DKL really want ADV to release them too.

Not really excited about any of ADV's new liscenses. Kanon would be great, but ADV needs to see how AIR performs first.

^What's wrong with FUNI getting Ouran?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3