• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Otakon 2007 - Funimation Entertainment

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Actually someone asked about that (Kodocha), and they did say that they made the decision not to license the rest as the sales kept going down with every new volume released.

I was surprised they were so upfront about that.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:08 pm Reply with quote
I was happy to hear about Ouran being aquired by Funimation. I recently tried it out and have been very amused with the show so it's nice to know Funi got the rights to it. I'm also glad they've acquired Witchblade, Darker than BLACK, and Shuffle!. I was so happy to hear that for the dvd covers Funi is actually having Topcow artists do the covers. I can't wait to hear who they have doing them. I hope they get some of the original group, like Michael Turner, to do one or two of the covers. Variant covers, like they do with the comics, would also be just super.
bishop083

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:24 am Reply with quote
Wait, Chris Bevins is working on Darker than BLACK????? I knew I should have gone to the funimation panel! I saw Bevins something like 6 times during the con and never even thought to ask him if he knew anything about it. Sonuva... This sucks!

...Well, its really just annoying. On the plus side, Chris does seem to do good work, so the dub for Darker than BLACK should be very, very good. That's a plus.
Yoda117

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:50 am Reply with quote
Yeah Chris is great at his job, and also in person. I'm really looking forward to seeing his work on the new title.

Actually, I've got to hand it to Funi at Otakon, as they announced some really anticipated titles, and also had more than a bit of fun activities as well.

And I've also got to give credit since it was their actors who were the only ones to make it to the late night panels and show their more playful sides on Saturday.

I always have a great time volunteering for them when the opportunity is offered, and Otakon 2007 was no exception.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2