• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman: DOOMSDAY EDITION!

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:42 am Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
Quote:
Your Q:You also mention the $300 bucks of merchandise she bought. So do you know what she didn't get to afford that?
My answer: Um? More anime?

In other words no you don't know so you just want to make assumptions and say how she's not doing without.

You also just proved there are jobs by you but you're unwilling to work at them. You want to label them as too dangerous due to the area or say how you're going to get raped working there because they've got bad raps it seems. As I said earlier there are jobs but for whatever reason you want to list they don't fit you're criteria so that equates into no jobs being there.

As for the first part- just going by what she's said.

What is, I'm going to stick with horrible and dishonrable theft known as watching fansubs and not suppourting the industry even though i do for $200, Alex.

Besides my parents forbidding me of getting jobs at these places, I don't think i'm going to put my life in danger to please some antifansub fanboys. (or girls- i'm all for equal opprotunity sarcasm)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:00 am Reply with quote
Yeah see this is what I mean by afford through reasonable means though. Its unrealistic to expect britannicamoore to work in a dangerous area, where her parents wont let her work, to buy Anime she could so easilly download for free. Is it fair to blame her for choosing to download instead?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:09 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
psycho 101 wrote:
Quote:
Your Q:You also mention the $300 bucks of merchandise she bought. So do you know what she didn't get to afford that?
My answer: Um? More anime?

In other words no you don't know so you just want to make assumptions and say how she's not doing without.

You also just proved there are jobs by you but you're unwilling to work at them. You want to label them as too dangerous due to the area or say how you're going to get raped working there because they've got bad raps it seems. As I said earlier there are jobs but for whatever reason you want to list they don't fit you're criteria so that equates into no jobs being there.

As for the first part- just going by what she's said.

What is, I'm going to stick with horrible and dishonrable theft known as watching fansubs and not suppourting the industry even though i do for $200, Alex.

Besides my parents forbidding me of getting jobs at these places, I don't think i'm going to put my life in danger to please some antifansub fanboys. (or girls- i'm all for equal opprotunity sarcasm)

And when did she say it was horrible or dishonorable?

Yes your life is going to be in soooo much danger. Rolling Eyes Quit with the dramatization will ya. You say it's soooo dangerous then elaborate. Thus far you've given no proof or examples about how bad of an area it's in. Want others to buy that excuse then you might want to provide proof and examples as to the validity of it beyond some kids simply call it murdermacs or deathonalds. There's also the option of doing chores or mowing lawns for neighbors or something to make money to spend on anime. You can also stop with the personal insults towards others when they have not been shown to you. When has CC, myself, or anyone in this thread personally insulted you? Also, if the anti fansub fanboy comment is directed at me you might want to really pay more attention since I have not once said I was anti-fansub now have I? Nor have I said they're "evil." So perhaps you might want to not make assumptions. I've actually stated my opinions on them 2-3 times in the past week alone and in threads I know you posted in.

This is also getting OT from anything even remotely in the article. You guys can feel free to argue more with CCSyeuh if you like, or PM me if you want to respond to me personally that badly, but I'm done wasting my time and others unless it actually gets back to anything remotely related to the article.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:38 am Reply with quote
In fairness, you have been rather needlessly rude yourself Psycho. You're the one who came in here saying stuff like "Get off the high horse" and "I don't buy that bs from anyone" and repeatedly accused her of making assumptions about people. She didn't actually say you "personally attacked her, and with all this I think she has the right to be a little defensive. Also, you're probably taking all that way too personally. Lots of people say those kinds of things about fansubs all the time.

That said, I agree with Psycho here, this has gotten way off topic. Its degenerated into really personal stuff which can never even really be proven or disproven.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:53 am Reply with quote
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 15 of 15