• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Clannad / After Story (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjack_15980

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:33 am Reply with quote
yay! im the first 2 reply to this in over 9 months! Very Happy
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:37 am Reply with quote
First of all, you surely mean five months, and secondly, what's your point? What are you going to add to the discussion besides "look at me, I posted in a thread, whoopee!"?
mjack_15980

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:47 am Reply with quote
wow alittle hurtful.

anyway, this is my fave anime, so very sad, and made me cry tears of joy and sorrow Smile
Key

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:20 am Reply with quote
No, dtm42 has an entirely valid point. Posting just (essentially) for the sake of bumping a thread is not acceptable around here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:30 am Reply with quote
mjack_15980--
May I trouble you to please elaborate on what caused you to "cry tears of joy and sorrow"?
mjack_15980

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:26 pm Reply with quote
sorry Key, I am new new here and should probably read the rules a little closer Confused
(btw do you mean bumped as in get rid of the thread or move it to the top of the list?)

as for why I "cried tears of joy and sorrow", either you haven't watched the anime or you are quite emotionless (in a non-offensive way of course)
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:41 pm Reply with quote
mjack_15980 wrote:
sorry Key, I am new new here and should probably read the rules a little closer Confused
(btw do you mean bumped as in get rid of the thread or move it to the top of the list?)

as for why I "cried tears of joy and sorrow", either you haven't watched the anime or you are quite emotionless (in a non-offensive way of course)

no, bumping as in posting in an old thread to bring it back up to the top of the forum index, i think. if you want an actual discussion, then elaborate on why you were crying. just saying you did makes it seem like you want attention of some sort.
mjack_15980

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:46 pm Reply with quote
oh. I didn't mean to have an effect like that. I was just giving an opinion on how I felt about the show

The reason I cried tears of joy was because spoiler[ the end where Tomoya and Nagisa and their daughter Ushio survive instead of all dying (Tomoya of grief)], being the reason I cried tears of sorrow
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:14 am Reply with quote
Why does Sanae's voice sound so different in After Story (dub version)? It says it's the same voice actress, but her voice sounds a little off compared to how it sounded in the first season...
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:08 am Reply with quote
perhaps the new ADR director wanted her to sound a bit different. maybe it was a cold
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Her voice will eventually sound the same again. I think in the early episodes of After Story, she had to play up her "cheerful" voice during the ball game, which sounded waaaay different from her normal speaking voice.
By_the_Jelly_Beans?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:50 am Reply with quote
Sounds like I won't be watching the dub then. Then again it would have to be awesome to make me want to watch it over the sub.
I loved the sub specially things like how Nagisa says "Tomoya-kun."
Of course I've seen it well over ten times in the sub form so it would just be weird if their voices where different.

(And I don't want this to turn into a whole sub VS dub thing. It is just my personal preference and SUBs don't bother me like they do some.)

For those who haven't watched it. Give it a try, there is a great story here with quite a bit of comedy.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:13 am Reply with quote
Well it can be an interesting experience By_the_Jelly_Beans?, there can be a problem with voices sounding a little diffirent to what you are used to, but I think it is easier to just veg and watch. Pop the DVD and not have to worry so much over reading, well my experience of dub rewatch was also to put my 10 year old brother watch. He cried. Twisted Evil
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:32 am Reply with quote
Not to engage in a sub vs. dub war, but I, personally, prefer the dubs because I basically have zero knowledge of the Japanese language (and very limited knowledge of Anime in general).

I also prefer the dubs because it allows me to understand tonal inflections and seriousness/playfulness of the voices (a character like Tenma from School Rumble is a perfect example - I love her playful, childish voice and inflections in the dub version, but that never would have come across had I watched it in Japanese with subs). Additionally, watching the dub versions allows me to pay attention to the visuals as opposed to reading subtitles the entire time and missing subtle character movements and/or other bits of action.

Of course, I DO enjoy going back and watching certain episodes in Japanese just to see how the translations differ and how the original voice actors tackle things I thought were funny/serious/heartfelt/etc.
By_the_Jelly_Beans?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:52 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Pop the DVD and not have to worry so much over reading, well my experience of dub rewatch was also to put my 10 year old brother watch. He cried. Twisted Evil

First off that is probably the best reason I have ever heard to watch a DUB.
Second I will also "veg out" to a DUB. Lot easier to put on a DUB and do some mindless leveling on a video game then trying to do it with the SUB's on.

@Sohma_Curse: Not understanding the Japanese language is a perfectly understandable reason for not watching SUB's. I have very little knowledge as well, just what I have picked up from watching SUB's. As far as I am concerned people should watch it the way they want to. If you like the DUB go for it, if not, don't.

Back on the actual Clannad DUB though. I'm eventually going to buy it to support the company and the series. (That is just how much I love it.) But from @Sohma_Curse comment of how Sanae's voice changes I'll probably not opening up the case and trying out the DUB version because I already enjoy the SUB so much. I didn't explain that well in my first post sorry.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 39 of 41