• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Preview Screening

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:56 pm Reply with quote
So far, 00 is pretty good, though the first episode was a bit confusing because it tosses about 20 characters at you, less than half of them even get their names mentioned and it's not particularly clear who is on what side or what the sides are aside from Celestial Being. The AEU is mentioned, but its not really clear what exactly this is or which characters are part of it aside from one pilot. I figure they will make these things clear in the next few episodes, but its a bit annoying that they didn't do some very basic set up for they started blowing things up.

Personally, I love the character designs. I don't have a problem with bishounen and the only one that is particularly androgynous is Tiere or whatever his name is.

I was (and continue to be) cautiously optimistic about this whole "we are going to put an end to war" thing, but I think this series is going to handle pacifism much better (and quite possibly go a very different direction than) Wing and SEED did. It's entirely possible things will crash and burn for some reason or another, but I think this will, at the very least, be a significant improvement over Destiny and should at least be decent in the end.
NezuChiza

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:06 am Reply with quote
Not a bad first episode, though I agree with others that they tend to throw too many new characters at you all at once, plus there definately IS a problem with telling who is female and who is male Razz

That said, I really like the new Gundam designs, except for Virtue(but that makes up for being ugly by having a friggin WAVE MOTION CANNON), and I'm REALLY curious as to where the 4th pilot is, and why GN-004 is missing in the numbering.
EngrishFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:54 am Reply with quote
Well, the first episode came out pretty well, in my opinion. Can't make much of a judgement on the story yet (obvious reasons there) but at least the first episode didn't completely fall into the typical Gundam cliché trap *cough*Gundam jack*cough*. I doubt the rest of the series will look as good animation-wise as this one, but as long as it doesn't use an overabundance of stock footage I'll be happy.

Now, hopefully the rest of the series won't devolve into another one of my Gundam cliché pet peeves (colony drop anyone?).....
NezuChiza

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:30 am Reply with quote
Bet they don't do a colony drop, I foresee an orbital elevator drop Razz
SarcasticPirate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:25 pm Reply with quote
NezuChiza wrote:
Bet they don't do a colony drop, I foresee an orbital elevator drop Razz

An original story! lol
VEGANDARAE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quote
orbital elevator drop you say?

CAN SOMEONE SAY Z.O.E.?????????? lawlz
Magnus27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Where's Pt.2 of this report???
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3