• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Monster Rancher - would you buy It?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chang Wufei

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:56 pm Reply with quote
If I may add, this show has music that would later be used in Dragon Ball Z, for the Westwood Media/AB Groupe Dub. Is that the music for the original?
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:48 pm Reply with quote
They replaced all the music and just inserted it from their stock library. I assume they used the same stock library for that DBZ dub. It's a common dubbing practice (Saban used the same music in Dub Digimon and Masked Rider)
Looneygamemaster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's a common dubbing practice (Saban used the same music in Dub Digimon and Masked Rider)

Was a common dubbing practice. Not so much anymore.
Dupi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:10 am Reply with quote
moonie92 wrote:
There is no uncut dub release of Monster Rancher. You are "stuck" watching the edited dub or the Japanese sub.

Some of the editing was done a bit "sloppy" as there are some times when you can clearly hear that the voiceover was done for a part that was clipped out (take for example episode 6 when genki drops the gold after it is awarded to him.)

I am wondering if perhaps there exists an unedited dub, and it would just take the right person to get a hold of it and release it.

I'm a bit disappointed with the Hulu release, because some very good episodes are missing, namely tiger's battle with destiny, and then a bunch more are mislabeled, out of order, and even duplicated.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Was the Liger VS Grey Wolf one even dubbed? I remember they skipped it in broadcasting too because of how violent the premise was. Guess it's a 'banned' episode, if it was even dubbed.
Dupi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote
That was just abc family that removed that episode, and combined two other episodes. All other networks aired it.
Gatomon1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:08 pm Reply with quote
AmishGramish wrote:
Okay, this is a super cereal question:

Would you be willing to buy Monster Rancher on DVD, and how much would you pay for each season? (73 episodes split up into three seasons sets.)

Thanks!

I would buy it. I actually have it on VHS and DVD would be nice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5