• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Persona 4: The Animation (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:47 am Reply with quote
That's the usual problem with a website that is pretty much based on fan entries. If no one cares enough to add the data, then it'll stay that way. So it's mostly up to the fans, not really the staff. I had to add a summary for Danball Senki since there wasn't one when I checked, and if I wasn't so lazy I'd also add the 30+ episodes it's missing. (Though I do have to wonder how people find the time to enter all the random information like all 30+ 2nd Key Animator names and not a summary or episode titles)
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:14 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
which means they are just guessing or #12 or 13 is ANN's placeholder.

It's the second one. A placeholder is used until there is definite info. Of course, the real catch is that someone has to update the Encyclopedia once the definite info arrives, and this often doesn't happen straight away.

Honestly, it isn't hard to understand. I don't know why so many users have trouble with this.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Well, now that I'm caught up...

We have the Fox. I thought for sure that Aika was going to replace the Fox as Hermit. So our options now are either she's Empress (which she doesn't fit, archetypally, and they've already hinted at Margaret keeping it), or she's not even a Social Link (in which I question why they added her in, since she, IMO, is ruining the story).

Also, Nanako's ending was adorable.
Eivion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:35 am Reply with quote
How is a character who only makes short cameo appearances ruining the story?
Etrien

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:38 am Reply with quote
Well, that was a fun episode. I was a bit confused at the very beginning, but y'know, that probably IS how I spent most of August in-game. Funny to see it from another perspective. The fishing gear especially amused me. You go, Yu! Catch that Guardian.

Dessa wrote:
Aika ... (in which I question why they added her in, since she, IMO, is ruining the story).

I just cannot understand your hatred for Aika. Laughing
Saiki_Thorn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Anyone notice the error in this scene?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Saiki_Thorn wrote:
Anyone notice the error in this scene?

Lol, spoiler[I think I see two Chie in there, one sitting on the deck eating watermelon, the other next to Rise inside]
Gotta admit, got a nice laugh out of that pic!
tetron

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quote
omg LOL

wow i did not see that

nice job on the find Saiki

overall, I liked this episode, kinda feel like one of those slice of life episodes where everything is normal but with a little bit of comedy.

spoiler[and Yu getting 5 social links finished at the same time. wonder if he's trying to get Izanagi no Okami before the eyeball boss or something lol...]
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:41 pm Reply with quote
This is in regards to episode 12: Very nice.

The feel as the bonds started slipping away month after month... kinda hurt to watch.

Disclaimer: P4 is in my top 5 rpgs as a game. So far I have enjoyed the anime despite its breakneck pace through the game content.
Ep 12. was a nice departure.
tetron

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13:

I really loved it. Felt kinda heart-warming while I was watching Yu help out. It feels like all that long 3 month summer in the game has filled in the gaps from the anime.

Next week spoiler[ Persona 3 city cameo appearance YAY ]
Etrien

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:16 pm Reply with quote
ALL YO' YENS, YIP YIP YAP!

That said, it was a great episode - probably one of my favorites so far. But man, they knocked out five social links in just two episodes. Makes me really curious to see how the end of this series will be paced.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Have to admit the new opening theme isn't really jiving with me. I liked the first much better. Same with the ending which showed which Arcana Yu just unlocked for the episode.. though I suppose we're winding down on Arcana with how many we just knocked out in 2 episodes.
tetron

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:00 pm Reply with quote
yeah I didn't like the new opening at first but everytime I listen to it, it had its own amazingness to it.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Burn My Dread as the OP! And we get to see inside the love hotel, this is awesome! Burn My Dread at the eyecatch, too. All the P3 music... especially BMD:FES for the club (just like in the game).

Ooo, putting Chie's social link here is interesting, too, but it works.

As for Aika, I don't see why I need to defend my dislike of her. People have their own reasons for liking/disliking things, that's their prerogative. I feel that she does nothing to add to the story, and much to detract from it, ruining just about every scene she's in. Further than that, my opinions on her character are just that: my opinions, and I will not speak further on my reasoning, as I see no point in it.

[edit- grammar, I has it]
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Burn My Dread as the OP! And we get to see inside the love hotel, this is awesome! Burn My Dread at the eyecatch, too. All the P3 music... especially BMD:FES for the club (just like in the game).

The music made me want to take another run through P3.... But then I could not decide portable on the PSP or FES on PS2.
I have been through P3 and P4 3 times each, and it is amazing how ingrained that music becomes. Thank god it was and is actually very listenable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 11