• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Death Note DVD 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeoKakashi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:13 am Reply with quote
I can confirm this, as I have Maximum the Hormone's "Buiikikaesu" CD, which features "What's up people?" and "Zetsubo Billy."
It does indeed say "FUxxx" and "SUxxx" at the end there.
james039

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:29 pm Reply with quote
NeoKakashi wrote:
I can confirm this, as I have Maximum the Hormone's "Buiikikaesu" CD, which features "What's up people?" and "Zetsubo Billy."
It does indeed say "FUxxx" and "SUxxx" at the end there.

Does that mean the lyrics sites have taken the exact wording then from the CD liner notes? Good, that makes it official. You tube can attest to the fact that these guys are *easily* misheard Laughing
NeoKakashi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:10 am Reply with quote
But they aren't being misheard in the last verse. They are actually saying "fucker" and "sucker" in the end there. That's what the lyrics say.
Amethyst Alchemist
Former ANN Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:31 pm Reply with quote
I actually just got that CD too. (I must say WOOOW! It's really, really good. It really through me for a loop how great every song is and how much I love them.) It's strange the way they list the lyrics. It is definitely the same through the whole song with them saying "fucker" and "sucker." Those words are written in Japanese until the last time they say it, and there is the only place it is written "SUxxx" and "FUxxx." It's like they got bored typing it in Japanese and decided to make it "cool" at the end or something Rolling Eyes . What's also odd is that the very first words they say are in English, but there's no English words in the beginning. It's Japanese. I can't read it, so I'm not sure if they somehow write that in Japanese even though they say it in English or some weird thing like that.

At any rate, I'm definitely looking forward to see how the guys at [as] respond.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4