• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ping Pong Club

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EMY23-23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:47 am Reply with quote
I just finished the Ping Pong Club series yesterday and I must say that this is without question the funniest and most crude anime i have ever seen. I laughed continuously from start to finish (once the initial shock wore off). Only one of my friends has even heard of this series and he found it very offensive. I was wondering if anyone has seen this series and if so what they thought about it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
gnollman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:52 am Reply with quote
Seen it and loved it. It's on my favorites list....
Kagato

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:57 am Reply with quote
It reminds me of Beavis&Butthead,but with better animation.I saw the series and loved it.
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:23 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen it but i heard it was very funny and perverted. The animation kinda does look like Beavis and Butthead.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Big K

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Ping Pong Club is my absolute favorite comedy anime title. People, however, will either love it or hate it. I'd love to recommend it to others but I'd hate to disappoint every other person. Smile
trigunner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Well i'll give it a look then. Funny that I've never heard of this series before.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
gnollman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:47 pm Reply with quote
It can get pretty foul... if you're not a fan of toilet humour, or are offended easily, I can't really recommend it.

If you ever thought Beavis and Butthead were funny, or laughed at the antics of South Park, then you'll likely enjoy it, though...
trigunner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Gottcha I'll go see one next weekend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
king_micah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:38 am Reply with quote
I think it is more than if you like X than this is good.
I find Ping Pong club to be the most racist and foul thing I have ever seen. It offends me, and I find the character design to be so annoying I can not stand anyone who uses their avatars.
The show makes me feel ill when ever I see any mention of it. I would avoid it like the plauge.
Carol Maxwell

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:51 am Reply with quote
This does sound like a funny series! I love humor anime, eh, I love humor anything! So, and I definately have to check it out if it's perverted too! Now all I have to do is see if F.Y.E. has it at their shop the next time I head up to the mall. Surprised

Quick question/thought: Is Ping Pong Club the Japanese version of Beavis and Butthead?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hellsing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:21 pm Reply with quote
frostedsaiyan wrote:
I haven't seen it but i heard it was very funny and perverted. The animation kinda does look like Beavis and Butthead.

bevis and butthead is like the funniest american show made Laughing .

Is it funnier than flcl?

This sounds like somthing I would watch can you guys give me some spoilers on some of the funny/crude parts that happen in it?
Kagato

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:12 pm Reply with quote
If your seeing it for the first time,you should probably buy the Testdrive for it.
Carol Maxwell

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:36 pm Reply with quote
hellsing wrote:
bevis and butthead is like the funniest american show made Laughing

Can't forget Family Guy, Simpsons, and Futurama. Surprised
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
trigunner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:32 pm Reply with quote
I just saw it Anime exclamation . It is fuunnny.
gnollman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Carol Maxwell wrote:
Quick question/thought: Is Ping Pong Club the Japanese version of Beavis and Butthead?

I wouldn't say that, exactly... it does manage to go much further than Beavis and Butthead ever did. It's just that the sense of humour is rather similar.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2