• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How Immense is Your Manga Collection?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saizo6

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:46 am Reply with quote
Last time I checked I had a bit over 500 volumes but that was a while back. I think I'm getting close to 600 now. I haven't been buying any new series though. I'm trying to complete some of the ones I already have.

I do like Tamaria's spreadsheet idea though. It's a really good way to keep track of things.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:57 am Reply with quote
Not very immense. The only complete manga series I own is Welcome to the N.H.K. As for the ones I'm collecting: Gantz, Hellsing, MPD Psycho, Berserk, Mushishi, Black Lagoon, Pluto, Ikigami, Detroit Metal City, Fullmetal Alchmeist, 20th Century Boys, and Monster.
Interested in adding Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, REAL, Trigun Maximum, Evangelion Shinji Ikari raising Project, Claymore, and one day hoping the Elfen Lied manga gets published in North America!

I'd say altogether I have about 60-70 manga volumes collected.
PiercingArrow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:38 am Reply with quote
Currently have:

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles Volumes 1-24

Great Teacher Onizuka Volumes 1-28

Detroit Metal City Volumes 1-3

Rurouni Kenshin Volumes 1-28

Gurren Lagann Volumes 1-4

i dont actually have a better dvd/book cabinet so far, so they'll all piled up in 1 place. my room is big enough so i dont need to worry about spaces for now
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:02 am Reply with quote
Here's a pic:

I think I'm pushing around 600 English GN's, and around 20 or so Japanese ones. I have an unshelved box with about 75 in my closet. I'll have to go out and buy another shelf pretty soon. I also plan on filling that display with more Lupin stylish figures in the near future Smile

All you guys with 1000+ books should put up some pictures! I don't think I've ever seen a collection that immense. That would be pretty awesome to look at.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I've also taken new pics as of last night. Rather than copy past everything, let's just link you to my link where it put all this stuff over on my MAL.
Wooga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:24 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
I've also taken new pics as of last night. Rather than copy past everything, let's just link you to my link where it put all this stuff over on my MAL.

Ugh, stop reminding me of all the Tezuka books I have yet to buy! It makes me feel dirty Very Happy

Well here is an image of my first shelf, manga A-M. If you want to see bigger pictures check out: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=54385
I actually finally took pictures of my Japanese shonen sunday collection. I think those books make my collection add up to 600+.
Pleinair

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:50 pm Reply with quote
I have 6 bookshelves in my room, and 4 of them, plus one shelf of another, are devoted to Manga...I catalog them every month or so, (cause I'm crazy) and I have on the upside of 960 volumes. I just got a bunch more that haven't been filed in yet, but I'll get to it next month...

As for on-going series....I get new ones what seems like every few weeks! Anime cry Makes it seem like it will Never end, and that I will be collecting forever! I really only collect them in English, and the only series I have in Japanese is a full set of Paradise Kiss, put away nice and safe.

Perhaps I will post a pic of all the shelves cropped next to each other when I'm at home again....
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Shawn Shaolin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:32 pm Reply with quote
I have almost 100 manga in my home. Being that the comic stores I love near regularly ship in new manga I have a hard time following certain things. For example I bought 7 volumes of Hellsing there, but they will bring in no more. They will stop at 7, then bring in vol. 9. So my mangas very diversified. 2 volumes of this, 3 volumes of that etc etc.
Pleinair

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:05 am Reply with quote
O-Kay, as I said I would, I have pictured my Manga.
Whew!

Here we go!
Shelf one, will post a link to save Space
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/949/brownshelf.jpg
The manga partially obscured on the very end of the second shelf is Butterflies,Flowers

Shelf Two, will post a link to save Space
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4073/whiteshelf.jpg
The only thing behind the sitting up Volume of Duck Prince is various volumes of Fruits Basket.

Shelf Three, in parts. To save space, I will post Only the first part of the shelf here, all the rest will be links.

My Gravitation 9-12 are on loan to a friend. The Manga obscured by Vash are Jack Frost 1 and June Pride
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3986/cherryshelf12.jpg

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1284/cherryshelf13.jpg

Individual Shelf

This Shelf has real books on it, other than this bottom shelf, which has all my tall manga that won't fit right with the others, all individual issues of comics, my art books, and various things I collect that I have no place for. It is Double stacked, but the back is Mostly Ranma, I'll not list what's not shown or that can't really be seen well, as nobody cares.

Shelf Four, in parts. To save space, I will post Only the first part of the shelf here, all the rest will be links.

Obscured by other Vash is S.A. 2 and 3, as well as Sailor Moon 1-3
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7749/cherryshelf22.jpg
Obscured By Li is Sensual Phrase 13-15, 17-18
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3295/cherryshelf23.jpg
Lost in cropping Tramps Like Us 9
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5299/cherryshelf24.jpg
The last four volumes of Vampire Game are double shown, as I am a bad photo editor.
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8659/cherryshelf25i.jpg

And there's still a big stack of Manga on my floor that I haven't read and sorted into their shelves yet. Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
darknessblades

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:59 pm Reply with quote
mine is around

oneshots
15000+

volumes (manga's)

over 5000+
it is no joke

volumes would be to large to count so im saying all my (normal manga titles in total)

it is no joke

and this is increasing every while

if you want to know it it is an digital one

how, find out for yourself, and for the baka's search the web
Tamaria

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

So basically... you download a lot of scanlations? Most people here are interested in collections that take up shelf space, not harddrive space Wink

Quote:

Does this mean you're promoting the illegal downloading of manga? This will not go over well with the mods...

Anyway, my collection is a little over 2000 volumes of the paper kind. 202 completed series/oneshots, 46 series I plan on completing and 23 series that have been cancelled/are terribly OOP. 75% English, 14% Dutch, 10% German and 1% other.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:34 pm Reply with quote
@ Tamaria

He has bragged in several threads about how he never spends any money on anime or manga, basically a troll.
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Mine's small compared to most people's here, but it's grown a lot in a short amount of time. I have 50 volumes, 1 artbook, and 2 light novels. I actually bought the light novels before I knew what manga was. I saw them at Barnes and Nobel and thought they seemed interesting, then forgot I had them. I found them again after cleaning and reorganizing all of my book shelves, so I decided to officially add them to my collection. I also have a handful of old library volumes (and a FMA novel) that I got for 25 cents each. They're in the right condition for that price so I don't consider them apart of my collection.
My sister also has a few volumes that she keeps with my collection. but they're not of series I read.
NeburPT

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Collecting manga really does take up a lot of room and you can have a shelf full of books but only a handfull of series: between Dragon Ball, Hunter X Hunter, YuYu Hakusho and Hikaru no Go I'll increase my collection in over 100 volumes over the next year. I have 322 volumes right now (mostly seinen) and manage to fit almost all of them on a single shelf, but It's mainly shonen that eats up too much space and I'll have to buy a separate shelf for them soon enough...
darknessblades

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:47 am Reply with quote
Tamaria wrote:
Quote:

So basically... you download a lot of scanlations? Most people here are interested in collections that take up shelf space, not harddrive space Wink

Quote:

Does this mean you're promoting the illegal downloading of manga? This will not go over well with the mods...

Anyway, my collection is a little over 2000 volumes of the paper kind. 202 completed series/oneshots, 46 series I plan on completing and 23 series that have been cancelled/are terribly OOP. 75% English, 14% Dutch, 10% German and 1% other.

1 no i'm not promotin illegal downloading (but in my coutry it is allowed to have an copy for yourself only)

2 im just telling that im not saying how i do it if people are going to ask it (just to make it clear)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10