• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
"Cowbow Bebop" marathon

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrttocs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Its not a matter of people talking about sex,its who their talking about it to.How old are you anime uncut?If your under 18 then yeah thats fine.If not then why the hell would you want to talk to a 13 year old girl about nudity.The word pedi comes up,and Im not saying you are but thats what a parent would think.
And more to the point can we start using this ANIME forum to talk about ANIME.If you want to talk about your sexual issues find a forum for talking about sexual issues.
Cgoten

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:25 pm Reply with quote
anime uncut wrote:

As for me being a baby, you're the one to talk, afraid of new issues that hasn't been discussed before, and what the hell kind of rule have I broken?!

Bringing up topics that have been locked is breaking a rule.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
arllyra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 4:57 pm Reply with quote
anime uncut wrote:

What the hell kind of time are you living in?
Certainly not the 21st Century.
Alot of people talk to kids about nudity AND sexuality, in fact, they encourage their kids to BE nude.
As for me being a baby, you're the one to talk, afraid of new issues that hasn't been discussed before, and what the hell kind of rule have I broken?!
Nudity is not anywhere near sex!
[/quote]

I don't know what part of the country you live in. Public nudity is not acceptable in America. Anywhere. Our Attorney General even covered up a couple of statues in the room where he makes his speeches because he didn't want representations of bare-breasted women shown with him.

Yes, a depiction of a nude form is art. Yes, censoring that art in any way, shape or form is wrong (in my opinion). But this is America. We were founded by a bunch of people who left their countries because the local religion wasn't strict enough for them (New England was, anyway). Here in America, nudity is wrong and dirty and not to be shared.

(And then we wonder why our women are so self-conscious about their bodies.....)
anime uncut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 6:15 pm Reply with quote
arllyra wrote:

I don't know what part of the country you live in. Public nudity is not acceptable in America. Anywhere. Our Attorney General even covered up a couple of statues in the room where he makes his speeches because he didn't want representations of bare-breasted women shown with him.

Yes, a depiction of a nude form is art. Yes, censoring that art in any way, shape or form is wrong (in my opinion). But this is America. We were founded by a bunch of people who left their countries because the local religion wasn't strict enough for them (New England was, anyway). Here in America, nudity is wrong and dirty and not to be shared.

(And then we wonder why our women are so self-conscious about their bodies.....)

Please go here:
http://www.netnude.com/main/travel.asp
They're all over the US.
Now go here:
http://www.netnude.com/main/intro.html
You really need educating on these things!
anime uncut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Cgoten wrote:

Bringing up topics that have been locked is breaking a rule.

When did I ever do that?
This is a seperate subject altogether.
You are the ones turning this into a naked debate.
anime uncut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 6:23 pm Reply with quote
mrttocs wrote:

It's not a matter of people talking about sex,its who their talking about it to.How old are you anime uncut?If your under 18 then yeah thats fine.If not then why the hell would you want to talk to a 13 year old girl about nudity.The word pedi comes up,and Im not saying you are but thats what a parent would think.
And more to the point can we start using this ANIME forum to talk about ANIME.If you want to talk about your sexual issues find a forum for talking about sexual issues.

I am 27 and just fine.
I am not forcing anybody to take part in this, nor am I forcing the person to open this particular thread.
Many people discuss it with their chidren.
Granted, the kids are usual part of the family, but nobody is forcing you to stay in this thread.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 6:52 pm Reply with quote
anime uncut wrote:

When did I ever do that?
This is a seperate subject altogether.
You are the ones turning this into a naked debate.

Uhh....the poll you tried to slip past Cookie. Twice. Then you got all bothered and gave off an attitude about getting your thread locked (Twice...did I mention that?). We are the ones trying to get you to drop the attitude.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 7:02 pm Reply with quote
anime uncut wrote:

If that kid's parents complain about the content, THAT'S THEIR OWN DAMN PROBLEM!
And no, they can't say anything for Cookie, Tempest, and the rest have no control over what the world does, and they know it!

Also, yes this subject is important to me, and one I think that should be talked about.
It's not my fault you're all a bunch of crybabies "OOH a topic about nudes, something we never talk about and never should."
Bla-bla-bla...
GROWUP!

Hi. Welcome to Utopia, population YOU.

We've had parents, religious pastors, and quite a number of other people who've attacked the site for various reasons. Additionally, by moderating the forum as we do, we _DO_ open up ourselves to liabilities for not moderating certain topics.

I tried to be fair. I thought that, hey, maybe this CB thread will reveal something more insightful about CN's editing, or whatever.

Obviously, this isn't the case, and this thread is now just flamebait. I'm locking it.

Do *not* start up a new thread just so that you can flame each other, okay guys? :p
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Anime Uncut will not be back.

If anyone wants to continue the Anime related part of this discussion in anotehr thread please feel free to do so.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2