• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
True Tears.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Just finished episode 12 myself.

In response to the whole "who will win" debate, spoiler[I'm not really sure if I mind either winning as long as it's a well-written ending, though I do agree that it would be next to impossible to write a decent Noe ending (I don't know what would happen with Hiromi). But the only thing I wish for is that if Hiromi is indeed the one that Shinichiro ends up with, then I would like for Noe to be happy (about it) too.

My favorite pairing was Miyokichi and Ai-chan, so I'm just glad they're back together.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:11 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Shipping aside (and I don't like how much I've been shipping with this series) that's my main issue with a Noe ending. I can't see it being written well and it kinda leaves Hiromi in the ditch. Only way to make a Noe ending even more worse/forced would be too hook up Jun with Hiromi just for the sake of it.]
Skys

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:29 am Reply with quote
And unbeknownst to all the actual ending will be spoiler[Shin and Ai togther]! No one would be expecting that. On a more serious note, this series has been good so far, and as long as they finish it off nicely, I will be happy.
Labbes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:17 am Reply with quote
I think spoiler[Noe will become a friend, just a friend, of Shin and Hiromi and Shin will stay together. Ai will be happy, Shin and Hiromi, too, Noe probably not so much. Worst case scenario would be Noe killing herself - totally lame.]
Xeric

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:01 am Reply with quote
As long as people are putting in speculations I might as well throw in my two cents.

spoiler[if we're talking percentages then I'm going to have to give Hiromi 100 percent to Noe's 0. The most probable outcome as I see it is Shin ends up with Hiromi, Noe loses Shin and her brother all at once which is so painful that it lets her to remember how to cry or "regain her tears" which is where this whole thing started off. Everybody wins... kind of.]

Now that I've stated my speculation on how the show will end so confidently I'm sure to be proven wrong.
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm not even going to bother guessing since there are so many ways they could end this...I'm just hoping for a spoiler[Shin and Hiromi ending. And that Noe gets away from her creepy brother and does not commit suicide. My favorite pairing would still have to be Nobuse and Ai, however, because he is so cute with her Smile]
Westlo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Thoughts on 13 after watching the raw + a subbed (not proper but it gets the point across) version of the "ending" scene. I do have the script for episode 13 and have watched a few scenes and read th e script but I don't have the time to do that for the entire episode since I'm about to go to the airport in an hour.

spoiler[I watched the RAW a few hours ago, it ended the only way it should've ended and I'm quite satisfied with the ending. Though I would've liked to have seen a scene of them as a couple in school. I know they are officially a couple but it would've been a nice touch, maybe they can insert something in the DVD release. I'll do a more in detail post once I see a subtitled version. I do currently have the script for episode 13 so I know what is said but I'll have to watch and refer to it and I don't have the time to do that now.

I'm glad I kept my prediction streak alive and I'm happy that track 30 played during the hookup scene. I always thought it would be used for a Hiromi & Shin hook up since the ost was ripped on the 27th of feb and I'm glad to see I was right.

On another note lol @ 2ch for getting sucked in completely, they were putty in the hands of the director. Apparently 90% though Hiromi would win after 10 and then after 12 90% thought that Noe would win. They were also getting baited by the staff and cast.]
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Do you know what happened with spoiler[Noe? I'm just curious as to what happened with her.] I guess I could just watch it myself when the sub comes out. Anime smile + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Really great ending to the series, I can say I really enjoyed this one. I like that in the end although spoiler[Shin ended up with Hiromi, Noe wasn't left cold and shivering either.

Shin turned out to be pretty decent to her, and he definitely feels she was (is?) an important part of his life. She's obviously turned over some new leaf (she made friends in school), although she STILL needs to get away from her creepy brother.

I also really loved the fact that while Noe was meant to be an obvious obstacle in Shin's romance, the show was about Noe's personal struggle almost as much as it was about Shin. Noe's struggle as an individual probably even falls ahead of Hiromi's.

My one question was, why was Shin'ichiro the one to cry? Hiromi has cried several times so that kind of eliminated her as being the person in the episode 13 title of "Your tears." I thought the premise/title of the last episode would have been Noe crying because she has been unable to cry, but she never did. That leads me to believe that she is not entirely on the road to recovery. Anyway in imitation of the mindless brainless fans whom we share the medium with: SHIN x HIROMI 4EVR!!!!!!]
Westlo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:08 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[I think the show was about Hiromi's tears tbh, rewatch the first scene in episode 1 to see what I mean. Anyway I really liked the parallel between Shin's parents + Hiromi's mother and Shin/Hiromi/Noe. Here's my very rough thoughts on that topic I hammered out on psgels blog because someone asekd why Shin's mum hated Hiromi.

Okay this is just speculation since it involves a lot of reading in between the lines but I believe I’m close enough to be right. I think Shin’s mother went through a similar experience to Hiromi when she was younger.

Shin = Shin’s Dad
Hiromi = Shin’s Mother
Noe = Hiromi’s Mother

Remember how Shin’s mother (I wish she had a name….) cut out the head of Hiromi’s mother in that picture. Remember how she mentioned that Hiromi looked just like her and also had eyes that could seduce men. The latter line Hiromi used on Noe before realizing she was becoming like Shin’s mother was another clue imo.

So Shin’s mother (who I have to say is hot) didn’t really hate Hiromi, she just hated Hiromi’s mother and you could say she transferred her hate onto Hiromi. Having a constant reminder of the woman you nearly lost your husband too must’ve been hard on her.

I don’t think she honestly realized how much she was affecting Hiromi. She was shocked when Hiromi brought up the “You’re related to Shin” barb which was probably just a random dart she through in frustration, sadly for Hiromi it hit her heart.

Episode 7 she tried to talk to her about it but got interrupted by Shin, from episode 9 onwards she treated Hiromi as an actual person and not “that persons” daughter. In the last episode at the scene from the 8 minute mark onwards I think she picked up that Hiromi was in a similar situation to her which caused the visit to her flat later on.

Shin’s dads reaction to Shin’s question about when you cry was another hint, notice how Shin said that Noe made his heart waver which was the response Shin’s dad said.

Anyway I haven’t read the rest of the Suki thread since yesterday (page 5) but I’m sure someone on their has posted something similar, but more well thought out and articulate.]

This show was an easy 9/10, maybe even a high nine. I don't give out 10's easy (6 tens out of 132 completed shows) but if i did i would probably give it a ten.
goodwin999

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:10 pm Reply with quote
rainbowcourage wrote:
Really great ending to the series, I can say I really enjoyed this one. I like that in the end although spoiler[Shin ended up with Hiromi, Noe wasn't left cold and shivering either.

Shin turned out to be pretty decent to her, and he definitely feels she was (is?) an important part of his life. She's obviously turned over some new leaf (she made friends in school), although she STILL needs to get away from her creepy brother.

I also really loved the fact that while Noe was meant to be an obvious obstacle in Shin's romance, the show was about Noe's personal struggle almost as much as it was about Shin. Noe's struggle as an individual probably even falls ahead of Hiromi's.

My one question was, why was Shin'ichiro the one to cry? Hiromi has cried several times so that kind of eliminated her as being the person in the episode 13 title of "Your tears." I thought the premise/title of the last episode would have been Noe crying because she has been unable to cry, but she never did. That leads me to believe that she is not entirely on the road to recovery. Anyway in imitation of the mindless brainless fans whom we share the medium with: SHIN x HIROMI 4EVR!!!!!!]

i think you missed the part at the end where they showed Noe's tears. Its not obvious but if you look close enough you can clearly see water drops coming from her face at the end of the episode.
Labbes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:50 am Reply with quote
That was one good ending, it left nearly nothing unresolved, really impressive. I liked the show a lot, and I agree with Westlo on the theory of Shin's mother, but I still can't come over the character designs of most of the female cast. They look like they have anorexia...
I will give it 8 out of 10.

PS: Somebody else who found that basketball-scenes awesome?^^
Westlo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:18 am Reply with quote
Oh yeah they were nice, no speed lines like another show I could mention... and Hiromi was breaking some ankles :D

It would be nice if P.A Works could become another KyoAni, this was a very impressive first up effort by them and I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with next.

The director of True Tears did Simoun as well which is one of those "best unwatched show" from 2006, he also did Ranma 1/2 back in the day. I'm still in shock he was the director for Samurai Deeper Kyo, can't believe he butchered the manga so bad :(
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:34 pm Reply with quote
goodwin999 wrote:

i think you missed the part at the end where they showed Noe's tears. Its not obvious but if you look close enough you can clearly see water drops coming from her face at the end of the episode.

Really? I watched that part 3 times to see if I could see any tears, but I couldn't. Maybe I need a bigger screen.
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Yahoo spoiler[Hiromi and Shin'ichiro!]

Well another nice series have concluded, and I hope similar more genre are like this in the future lineup.

Can't wait to watch another one like this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9