• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gunslinger Girl VS Noir.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daimonwrath

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Gunslinger Girl vs Noir Definately a different way of looking at children with guns and giving life to very good dark stories. Both had a way of making the gun fights not too graphic not too much blood and still remained tasteful. Well I've seen all of Noir and am currently watching Gunslinger Girl. I was thinkin something totally different than what this show was going to be. I've seen the first 8 eps of gunslinger girl, and I totally love it.

Any other fans out there? If so what do you think of the concept on this series? Henrietta is adorable. These kids are obviously in a bad situation but I wonder where and how the justice comes back to them. The first 8eps just situates each character so that you get familiar with them. Depending on where it leads will truly determine if this will be an exceptional show.

I also think the idea of using kids in warfare has been thought about many times in our movies, and T.V. shows and while this probably wouldnt be placed on cartoon network any time soon, it definately deserves to get licensed in the U.S.

Questions, comments?

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1257,iuasgn,gunslinger_girl.html

D.W.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Ventile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I think that comparal has been made many times before, even before Gunslinger Girl first broadcasted, and of course it's not completely illogical for such a comparal to be made =)
kids with guns isn't something you see every day Smile
I really like Gunslinger Girl(so far) and Noir, and I'm glad they took two total different angles of looking at the 'kids with guns' concept. Noir is more centered around the story and doesn't really make a point of the twelve year old carrying a gun, whereas Gunslinger Girl is exactly about that, and what it does to the minds of those children.
Well, can't wait to see more (was collecting the ANBU versions but they're lagging behind so might go for Triad or the likes in the future) and I hope it'll get licensed in my country some time. until then the fansubs will have to do =)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1