• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Metal Gear Sold: Peace Walker HD Story Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E-Master

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:27 am Reply with quote
I'm all ready to play that game again next week. There were things I didn't get to do the last time I played it, least that was back when I had I functional PSP(last time I'd ever buy a pre-own handheld console). Since it's being re-released as an HD game, I won't have any worries like that as long as my PS3 still runs well.

The thing I love most about Peace Walker is trying to collect a large number of recruits, course Portable Ops had that feature except this game had more things to do. But Portable Ops was still a good game to play cause it still fits in with the Big Boss story. I also like the in jokes with the Walkman and even getting to listen to all those cassets with the characters being interviewed.

But yeah as a Metal Gear fan, you bet I'll get the HD collection the first thing this Tuesday.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:34 am Reply with quote
kazume

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:02 am Reply with quote
Best remake of a series we'll ever see this decade hands down. Yes i know we just started being in 2011, but no other re-release of a series (more are coming as a cheap way to make some cash, we all know it) will beat this one.

This is one of the few that I will personally consider to be NOT as a "just for the cash" gimmick. These are great masterpieces that should be enjoyed by every gamer out there or a majority of.
TC-man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Well, the PSP version of Peace Walker has a pretty high production value, but for the PS3, it feels like a milk-cow to me and is a pretty lazy port of a great game to 1080p without remodeling the characters and Konami didn't decide to remap the game with better quality textures, everything looks so wash-out at 1080p. You can't even call this a remake, because it isn't, it's more a re-release for the PS3 at a higher resolution.

I guess since it's the same great game for the PSP, so if you do not have bought it for the PSP, then here's the chance to get it for the PS3, but for those who already have played this Peace Walker on the PSP and the previous MGS 1 - 3 games on the PS/PS2 you probably do not want to buy it again, unless you are such a dedicated fan/collector who wants them all.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:15 pm Reply with quote
"Metal Gear Sold: Peace Walker"

Popups up three times in the article, including in the title. Shouldn't it be "Solid".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1