• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Death Note: Another Note- Los Angeles BB Murder Cases

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stefnick

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:26 pm Reply with quote
In my opinion I thought the novel was really good and capture the spirit of Death Note. There was a few things that bothered me, like spoiler[B being born with the shingami eyes] and the names of the victims (although I shouldn't be surpise by the off names), which I believe was intentional by the creator, and I also remember reading a interveiw with the manga creators and the stated that they want to give their characters names that no one would have in real life. But over all I found it good, it was fun to read, but I times I wish that the novel was in manga form. I found it interesting the way the novel would refer to things that happen in the manga setting that will take place 2 year later. And the fact that spoiler[Mello narrates] it makes me love his character more. Some stuff I saw coming and some I didn't. The way that the story is written is unique one way or another. Although the setup of the novel is that the character realize something first and then Mello explain to you what just happen and how the got to their realization, is both awesome and annoying. I overall likes the writter style and hopes he makes novels for the spoiler[other two stories that L told Mello]. I don't know why but the fact that the book was hardcover and had a string book mark made me happy. I recommend this book to all fans of the manga series Death Note
Eerane

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:03 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed liked the book alot...I learned more a L and Naomi, the names of the victims were kinda dorky but it didn't bother me. I would read it again and recommend it to other Death note fans.

Wink
~LuvApples~

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:27 pm Reply with quote
i just finished watching the tv series and thought it was great, i've read some of you're guys' thoughts on this book and i'd really like to read it myself so i was wondering how much the book costs an where i might be able to find it so if you wouldn't mind helping me out that would be great. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
LightLawliet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:37 am Reply with quote
^^ The book costs $17.99 and you can find it at Borders or Barnes and Nobles. You can buy it online too. Smile

I just finished the book at midnight. It was so good!! The twist in the end had me stunned, like a lot. The whole time I was fooled, lol, about who was who and whatnot. spoiler[At the end, where L gives Naomi a hug and she kicks him for it, that made me laugh so hard!]But if spoiler[B was really Rue Ryuzaki, and he is known not to leave any fingerprints, then wouldn't he have left his fingerprints on the gun that he gave Naomi in the end along with everything else that he touched?] How can you be spoiler[born with Shinigami eyes] in the first place? Wouldn't that make his parents spoiler[related to death gods or something?]

I do hope that they make two more novels about what Mello mentioned. I want to know how L met Watari and whatnot...
~LuvApples~

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Anime smile + sweatdrop thanks for replying i hope i can find it and if, or when i do, i really hope i like it but i luv death note so im sure i will.thanks again Wink
Watashi wa Ryuzaki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Any body here ever read Hello Kitty Island Adventure 2 : The Final Kill ??? Yeah, that book has some weird names in it. I mean, who names the antagonist Fuzzy Lumpkinz Question
fullmetal biologist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I really enjoyed liked the book alot...I learned more a L and Naomi, the names of the victims were kinda dorky but it didn't bother me. I would read it again and recommend it to other Death note fans.

Agreed. I am not entirely sure it was worth what I paid for it, but it helps complete my Death Note collection. The translation was awkward in my opinion. But I would read more if someone would write the stories of L's other major cases. My favorite part was Mello's narration.
AnimeCon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Man, should I still get it? I was so excited about getting it but now you make it sound terrible...
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quote
I saw this book in stores yesterday, I hadn't realized that it had been translated.

One question: how much does knowing the entire Death Note plot affect reading/understanding this story? I stopped following the anime spoiler[not long after L dies] so I don't really know much about characters like Mello.

But my second favourite character is Misora and I am interested in knowing more about her. And L, who is my favourite.
sailorspazz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:59 am Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:

One question: how much does knowing the entire Death Note plot affect reading/understanding this story?

You don't really need to know the entire Death Note plot to enjoy the story, since it takes place in a time before the story of Death Note even occurred. However, in the narration it does make some references to things that happened later in the series, so there are some spoilers, but in general the novel mostly focuses on the case that Naomi Misora worked on with L, and since you said she is one of your favorite characters, you would probably enjoy the story.
~LuvApples~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:25 am Reply with quote
Very Happy i cant wait till september because tats wen there supposed to be releaseing the deathnote movie in english Anime smile + sweatdrop
~LuvApples~

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:16 am Reply with quote
ok this is realy starting to get me depressed. Its been quite some time now and i cant find this book anywhere would u guys happen to kno where i can locate this book that's somewhere in Canada or more specifically Calgary AB(alberta)! please! someone anyone shed some light through this cloud of rain and darkness.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:26 am Reply with quote
I've seen the book in Coles, so Chapters/Indigo definitely is carrying it. If you can't find it in the stores, you could try ordering it online, if you're able to.
Ninja Maid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I just finished this book last night, it was nice. But it got me to thinking, spoiler[Mello said that this was the first case L presented himself as "Ryuzaki," but of course we find out that Ryuzaki is B. Then L(?) appears at the end again to hug-attack Misora, but he says "Call me Ryuzaki." So, does that mean that he calls himself Ryuzaki out of some sort of homage to B?]
~LuvApples~

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:38 pm Reply with quote
THANKS!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4